Players step into the role of Tom Hansen, a U.S. Coast Guardsman who is sent to board a drifting Russian whaling ship in the middle of a howling storm on the Bering Sea. He arrives only to discover that terrifying surprises await him on the bloodstained decks of the constantly rocking, shifting vessel. Set in a volatile, dynamic environment, the game will have players overwhelmed by fear as they engage in intense combat with intelligent enemies.
Game features include:
- Unique gameplay: The violent storm constantly rocks the shipâ€™s deck, creating unpredictable gameplay that challenges player stability. Dangerous waves, blinding foam, slippery rain, and swinging lifeboats and cables can either help or hurt the playerâ€™s ability to survive.
- Interactive environments: Use objects on the ship to kill enemies. Destroy enemies with electrical transformers, fire bullets at combustible barrels and shoot steam pipes to reveal invisible enemies.
- Powerful enemies: Aggressive, intelligent enemies, including mercenaries, frantic mutants and lurking parasites, engage the player in intense combat. Each enemy has different strengths and weaknesses so the player will constantly be confronted by new threats.
- Realistic weapons: Choose one of seven weapons to kill enemies. Firepower includes an AK47, a shotgun, an MP5, a flamethrower, a grenade launcher and an experimental spear gun.
- Unique camera angles: A new feature within the horror genre, the over-the-shoulder camera angle enhances action and aids long-range combat.
- Land a critical hit: The critical hit offers gamers unique ways to kill enemies with a single shot in desperate situations.
Cold Fear is rated M (Mature) for Blood and Gore, Intense Violence and Language and has an MSRP of $49.99.
More articles about Cold Fear