"There has been a void in the turn-based strategy RPG category," said Luke Carruthers, CEO of Imaginary Numbers. "Thousands of dedicated players love these kinds of games and Tactica Online brings that immersive, engaging style of play to the online sphere."
Tactica Online is a turn-based strategy RPG focusing on tactical squad combat, with a deep storyline featuring secret societies and the struggle between magic and science in da Vinci's world.
Fast-paced, engaging combat is central to Tactica Online's gameplay, requiring players to think quickly and counter the opponent's strategy in order to claim victory. Combat takes place in missions or through Tournaments and Campaigns that affect the central storyline. Players control a team of characters with skills and abilities of their own design. Building and refining the capabilities of your team is an important element of Tactica Online, similar to designing a deck in a collectible card game.
- Tactical Combat : Tactica is all about fast, engaging, turn-based combat, where winning means outplaying your opponent. Every battle is unique, and every situation requires actively evaluating your tactics.
- Get Straight to the Action! No leveling up required before you can compete, and no treadmill you have to endure before you get to the good parts!
- Persistent World : Tactica Online enables thousands of players to come together in an immersive 3D world, battling beside and against each other to further their cause, whether that be lining their pockets, or laboring for their beliefs.
- Expansion Sets Keep Gameplay Fresh : Regular sets of new skills and equipment introduce new strategies and options, meaning that gameplay always remains fresh. Every expansion moves the story forward too, based on what you've done during the previous expansion!
- You design the squad you play with : Designing a team is a challenge all its own. Getting just the right mix, combining skills, equipment and characters in new ways, is half the fun. How can you use this skill differently? Is there a way to combine the Ranged skill Far Sight with the Hunting skill Sneak effectively?
- You Compete on a Level Playing Field : You'll never be attacked by someone you have no hope of beating, and you'll never have to endure a battle that's unfair, because each player can only bring the same resources to a mission.
- Guild Support : Guilds can pool experience and equipment, share characters amongst themselves, and compete against other guilds in Campaigns and Tournaments.
- It's Your Story : The world is only now emerging from a long period of darkness, and it's up to you to ensure that it receives the right guidance. Do you believe in the saving grace of faith, or the corruption of self-involved clerics? The wonders of new technologies, or the horrors of little-understood science? The traditions of our ancestors, or the stagnation of those who look only to the past?