During both single and multi-player gameplay, racing fans will be able to enjoy challenging, action-packed gameplay modes that include Single Race, Tournament, Time Trial, Free Play and Zone Mode (single-player only).
Supporting up to eight players via a Wi-Fi link for multiplayer gameplay, gamers will be able to take on their friends and attempt to blast enemy ships to pieces in a fierce competition for top racing honors. Players who win a gold, silver or bronze trophy will earn fresh racing colors, new ships and four classic tracks from past installments in the Wipeout series. Fresh downloadable content that can be saved to a Memory Stick Duo will be made available after launch to expand the racing experience and allow for personalization of the game. Content may include new tracks, ships, skins and music!
- Race aggressively in one of eight state-of-the-art racecrafts moving at insane speeds through 16 futuristic environments for an intense, anti-gravity combat racing experience.
- Master eight newly designed runs that speed you through snowy mountaintops to tracks suspended in the clouds! Blaze through four custom-built Zone tracks specifically designed for high-speed handling. Return to four favorite classic tracks from previous Wipeout games. 16 tracks in total!
- Multiplayer- Compete against up to eight players via wireless multiplayer connectivity through the Ad Hoc Mode. Ad Hoc Mode allows two or more PSP systems to communicate directly with each other via Wi-Fi connectivity for local multiplayer gameplay.
- Five speed classes to race with including Vector (slowest), Venom, Flash, Rapier and Phantom (fastest).
- Five race modes including: Single Race, Tournament, Time Trial, Zone Mode and Free Play.
- Single Race – Players compete against each other or the artificial intelligence on any available course with the exception of the custom-built Zone tracks.
- Tournament – Players choose a league to join and will then race against competitive leagues.
- Time Trial – Players set lap and course records on each track or race against friends in time trial conditions.
- Free Play – Players race free of damage as long as they want without lap count or time restrictions.
- Zone Mode – Players race on four custom-built tracks where their ship will constantly accelerate and the ship’s top speed increases every 10 seconds (Single-player only).
- Players will gain access to weapons, such as rockets, missiles, mines and bombs, to gain a competitive edge and inflict major damage to other ships.
- Earn a gold, silver or bronze trophy and unlock power-ups, alternative racing colors, new ships and four classic tracks from previous Wipeout games.
- Choose from eight different racing teams to join including Feisar, AG Systems, Auricom, Qirex, Piranha, Assegai and all new Harimau and Triakis. Each team features its own racecraft with unique racing characteristics.
More articles about WipEout Pure