In Cold Winter, the player is Andrew Sterling, a disavowed British MI6 agent who does what it takes and is prepared to kill in good conscience. Gamers will experience incredibly realistic interaction throughout highly-detailed and life-like environments, featuring real-world physics, searching fallen enemies and manipulating objects to use as cover. As players encounter intelligent adversaries, they can choose from an arsenal of over 30 weapons which inflict extremely realistic zone-specific body damage and rag-doll death animations. The original storyline -- set in 2002 and written in collaboration with noted author Warren Ellis -- is revealed through beautiful and dramatic cinematics.
Cold Winter will also feature multiplayer support (headset enabled) with up to eight-player online multiplayer action powered by GameSpy, or up to four-player split-screen off-line mode. Players can choose from six multiplayer game modes, over 30 player skins and 12 maps, as well as set the parameters to customize games.
All multiplayer game modes have team versions and include the following:
- Deathmatch – Only kills matter in this mode.
- King of the Hill – Race against other players to “capture the hill.”
- Flag Tag – Find the flag and hold onto it for as long as possible.
- Domination – Capture, defend and retain the most Objective Points in the level.
- Last Man Standing – Outshoot, outplay and outlast opponents to win.
- Head Match – Gruesome variation of Flag Tag where players try to get “ahead.”
Cold Winter will be available in North America on May 10, 2005 for a suggested retail price of $49.99, with an ESRB “M” for Mature rating.
More articles about Cold Winter