“Popeye is a cultural icon for generations of gamers, as everyone’s favorite sailor with a penchant for spinach,” said Jeff Lujan, business director, Namco Hometek Inc. “'Popeye: Rush For Spinach' for the Game Boy Advance gives you the ability to choose your favorite character from the 'Popeye' universe and prove you’re the fastest, strongest, and smartest as you compete in the ultimate race.”
Popeye and his friends are competing in the ultimate race. Choose your favorite character Olive Oyl, Bluto, Wimpy or even Popeye himself and then race to defeat the opposition and cross the finish line. Travel by foot, boat, car, skateboard, pogo stick…even swing from vines! But hurry, winning the race will require not only speed, but also skill.
- 4 Playable Characters Choose from Popeye, Olive Oyl, Bluto and Wimpy
- 13 Locomotion Types Drive a car, grind a rail on a skateboard, swing from a vine, soar with a jet pack and many more!
- 5 Game Modes Quick Rush, Time Rush, Adventure, Challenge, Team Rush
- 7 Levels Race through the town, docks, desert, jungle, moon - even Ghost Island and the Stone Age!
- Unlockable Areas and Power Ups Use your skills to unlock 4 special areas
- 2 Player Link Mode Race against a friend or work together as a team
The game is rated "E" for Everyone and carries an MSRP of $19.99.