Dangerous Waters Update Version 1.01 Build 357 (English)
Save game files which were created with v1.00, will no longer be compatible with this verson of Dangerous Waters.
Attention Scenario Creators!: Even though mission editor will allow it, you cannot name a goal and a script by the same name.
The "Sonar Profile" document that was mistakenly omitted from the final build (version 100) has now been included (Thank you to John Steed for creating the document). The file is installed into the 'Manual' folder and includes full sound frequency listings, turn per knot and blade count for all naval units in the game.
- The FFG Towed Array Assign ATF method now checks the validity of all trackers.
- Nav UID's were changed to have a root number based on multiplayer ID.
Waypoint-reached messages coming from the sim are now passed to all players in multiplayer.
- Fixed NavalSimEngine crash when aircraft re-emerged from hangar.
- Fixed NavalSimEngine crash when objects were dynamically removed from scenario (Sicilian Wedding)
- Improved the font blending algorithm to stop the mouse stuttering and increase overall frame rate.
- It is now possible to leave the FFG Missile Control Screen while unloading an SM-2 or a Harpoon and when you return, the rail will behave as expected.
- The DEMON speed in the FFG Towed Array Screen is now correct.
- The OTS buoy display is now independent of the loadout so that buoys will always launch.
- Corrected a string overrun in the Acoustic Display on the FFG and the P3.
- No longer allow charging HP Air while the emergency blow vents are open.
- Made the speed that a single diesel engine can achieve dependent on the depth of the KILO.
- Corrected a problem in the KILO where the user could not force the submarine to ignore waypoints.
- The TMA was improved to ensure that the newly created merged contacts always appear in the top of the drop down list.
- All Radars were using meters per second instead of knots when creating a solution. This was corrected.
- The diesel engines will now turn off if the snorkel mast is damaged.
- Sometimes Towed Array trackers do not get a valid sierra name and number, this was addressed.
- Campaign mission "Strait of Malacca" - 688's "MISSION COMPLETE" goal was referencing an incorrect goal that was not related to its mission.
- Campaign mission "South Korea" - Helo closest to ownship FFG will now recognize and follow ASTAC ordered waypoints.
- Removed any delays that were not allowing the STIR to go to CWI. This is an experimental fix since this bug could not be reproduced.
- TMA autocrew slowed to only change the selected solution every 5 seconds.
- Single Mission "Liberian Liberation" - Seals will now rescue the hostages.
- Single Mission "African Bees Nest" - Lookout autocrew will now identify the pier so it remains visible.
- The Collins was made to have a commensurate noise level.
- The MAD sensor range was shortened to allow very deep submarines to escape detection.
- In multiplayer, the client FFG could never control its own helo (while the server could).
- In the multiplayer mission, MP4-NGFS.mp, the second FFG's helo was defined before the helo itself was defined, so the Second FFG could never control its inflight helo.
- A Saved Game bug was fixed where the game crashed after load. If there was an aircraft on the deck of an aircraft carrier when the aircraft carrier was hit, the game would crash.
- Fixed a Multiplayer infinite loop which occured when the host tried to merge two solutions that were the same solution together.
- Altered the Quick Mission databases which was generating some missions with zero enemies present.
- Additional verifications added to ensure that entities "still exist" before attempting to reference them in the NavalSimEngine.
- Fixed the frequency alignment problem between the Frequency Waterfall and the NB profile display. Also added the ability for the profile display to report the frequency under the mouse.
- Fixed a logic error in all subs where damage to starboard tubes was processed on the port tubes and vice-versa.
- Fixed the infinite marking problem when playing in multi-station mode.
- Fixed the strange character problem which was showing up in the 688/seawolf BB screen
- Removed the problem in the BB DDI where the ambiguous contact was showing up as the assigned Sierra.
- Fixed a problem with the trackers losing their identity after the contact was lost and regained.
- Fixed a problem where the periscope on/off switch on the 688 got out of sequence when the periscope was ordered raised by voice command.
- Fixed a problem where a non-ambiguous contact became orphaned when the TMA dropped the ambiguous contact.
- Fixed the problem of mirrored sierra numbers showing up under the cursor when the contact has not been resolved.
Files Modified for end-user (English)
DangerousWAters.exe (version 1.0.1)
NavalSimEngine.dll (version 1.0.2)
/interfaces/MH60/ATO.dll (version 1.0.1)
/interfaces/P3/AcousticDisp.dll (version 1.0.1)
/interfaces/FFG/ASTAC.dll (version 1.0.1)
/interfaces/FFG/TMA.dll (version 1.0.1)
/interfaces/FFG/TowedArray.dll (version 1.0.1)
/interfaces/FFG/WeaponsControl.dll (version 1.0.1)
/interfaces/KILO/Radar.dll (version 1.0.3)
/interfaces/KILO/TMA.dll (version 1.0.3)
/interfaces/KILO/ShipControl.dll (version 1.0.3)
/interfaces/KILO/FCTarget.dll (version 1.0.1)
/interfaces/KILO/SonarBB.dll (version 1.0.1)
/interfaces/688I/TMA.dll (version 1.0.3)
/interfaces/688I/Radar.dll (version 1.0.3)
/interfaces/688I/SonarNB.dll (version 1.0.4)
/interfaces/688I/FCTD.dll (version 1.0.3)
/interfaces/688I/Periscope.dll (version 1.0.3)
/interfaces/688I/SonarBB.dll (version 1.0.3)
/interfaces/688I/ShipControl.dll (version 1.0.3)
/interfaces/SSN21/SonarNB.dll (version 1.0.3)
/interfaces/SSN21/TMA.dll (version 1.0.3)
/interfaces/SSN21/Radar.dll (version 1.0.3)
/interfaces/SSN21/FCTD.dll (version 1.0.3)
/interfaces/SSN21/SonarBB.dll (version 1.0.3)
/interfaces/AkulaII/TMA.dll (version 1.0.3)
/interfaces/AkulaII/Radar.dll (version 1.0.3)
/interfaces/AkulaII/FCTD.dll (version 1.0.3)
/interfaces/AkulaII/ShipControl.dll (version 1.0.3)
More articles about Dangerous Waters