Fans and gamers can experience the stunning Jedi action of the upcoming movie Star Wars: Episode III Revenge of the Sith on May 5, 2005 when LucasArts releases the companion video game in advance of the movie's opening on May 19th. The Star Wars: Episode III video game features third-person character action gameplay built to deliver the ultimate Jedi action experience as Anakin Skywalker and Obi-Wan Kenobi join forces in fierce battles and heroic lightsaber duels, until one's lust for power and the other's devotion to duty lead to a final confrontation between good and evil.
Closely following—and in some cases going beyond—key story elements of the upcoming film, the Star Wars: Episode III video game allows players to indulge themselves in the Star Wars universe in a way only the gaming medium can offer. All of the Jedi abilities of both Anakin Skywalker and Obi-Wan Kenobi are available, including devastating Force powers and advanced lightsaber techniques involving robust combo attacks and defensive maneuvers. With ease, players can perform a wide range of amazing combination attacks in all directions, including the skill of blocking or deflecting ranged weapon attacks, plus the ability to use lightsabers to cut through doors and interact with a variety of other destructible objects unique to each world. Use the Force to lift or throw objects, push, pull, throw or confuse enemies and even to attack using interactive elements found in the environment.
As Obi-Wan, players wield a powerful lightsaber as they struggle to save the galaxy from darkness by using the Force to control enemy actions and focusing the power of the light side into swift and precise lightsaber attacks. As Anakin, players will amplify the future Darth Vader's Jedi skills and lightsaber techniques by giving in to the dark side of the Force. Using dark side powers, players can attack with devastating shockwaves, crush and burn enemies, overpower hordes of enemies in epic battles, and defeat even the most skilled Jedi Masters in one-on-one duels.
Working closely with famed Star Wars stunt coordinator Nick Gillard, the development team is creating the most authentic lightsaber combat ever, with choreography taken directly from the films as well as many new stunts created exclusively for the game under the auspices of Gillard. The game takes place in never-before-seen locations like Utapau and Mustafar, giving fans a sneak peek into the highly anticipated Star Wars: Revenge of the Sith film releasing worldwide on May 19, 2005.
- Third person Jedi action gameplay consisting of a series of lightsaber battles against a variety of uniquely challenging enemies including droids, humans and Jedi.
- Live the most exciting moments from the movie and follow the film's tragic conflict through the perspective of Anakin Skywalker and Obi-Wan Kenobi.
- Master both the light and dark sides of the Force using dozens of different lightsaber attacks and upgradeable combos.
- Devasting Force powers including Force Stun, Sith Lightning and Jedi Mind Trick.
- Battle in over 16 levels across four movie worlds including the planet Coruscant, the sinkhole planet of Utapau and the volcano world of Mustafar.
- Interactive game environments incorporate dynamic visual effects, vibrant characters, destructible objects and world animation.
- Single player story mode with duels as well as intense multiplayer versus duel modes – players can battle an array of Jedi Masters and Sith Lords including Mace Windu, Count Dooku and Darth Vader.
- New stunts created exclusively for the game by Star Wars stunt coordinator and lightsaber expert Nick Gillard.
- Over 12 minutes of all-new Episode III film footage taken directly from the movie.
- Authentic sound effects recorded at Academy Award®-winning Skywalker Sound.
- Immersive Star Wars music.