In addition to having full Xbox Live support, including Head-to-Head Fighting, Re-match, and Tournament Mode, KOFMI-MANIAX will feature a stop action camera that will allow players to pause the action mid-fight and take pictures of their favorite character from any angle. In Profile Mode, fans can review their characters specialty moves and listen to their various sayings and taunts. Additionally, by fan demand, Xbox users will be able to choose between English and Japanese language each battle.
"SNK has been inundated with letters and emails to bring THE KING OF FIGHTERS series to the Xbox." said Ben Herman, SNK PLAYMORE USA CORPORATION President. "KOF: MAXIMUM IMPACT-MANIAX will be the first of several big Xbox titles from SNK in 2005."
The first ever 3D version of the most popular fighting franchise in history, THE KING OF FIGHTERS
MAXIMUM IMPACT comes to the Xbox® Video Game System. Gamers from around the world will be able to battle it out across the Xbox® Live network and play as their favorite SNK character in full 3D with beautifully rendered backgrounds and full flowing animation.
A city lay in ruins as rival gangs are at war all vying for the chance to rule the underworld of Southtown. A small group destined to take the city back has established a meeting with the maniacal leader of the most powerful gang, "Mephistopheles". On one condition, to be in this meeting, one must prove themselves by defeating the greatest fighters in the world.
- Full Xbox Live support
- First ever 3D KOF title, developed specifically for the PlayStation® 2
- Extreme 1 on 1 fighting to the max!
- Five exciting modes of play featuring Story Mode, VS Battle, Survival, Practice and Training
- Nineteen incredible SNK characters featuring returning favorites and all new characters to the franchise
- Enhanced character movement with the all new sideways feature and 4 different jump moves
- Spectacular combo moves specific to each character to inflict massive damage
- Send your opponent airborne with the all new Knock Back Attack feature