After an extensive beta program, including feedback from thousands of online gamers, Turbine has put the finishing touches on the long-awaited expansion pack. The forthcoming game provides players with an ambitious new storyline and content for hours and hours of additional online adventuring. Gamers will get to explore a massive new continent, play an innovative hero system and choose new races including the mystical Empyreans as well as the Drudge.
"The development process has been exciting and fulfilling. Our beta program participants were enthusiastic and full of great suggestions, making it easy to maintain the Turbine tradition of listening to the people that make the franchise so popular," said Tom Nichols, vice president of marketing, Turbine Inc. "As an emerging publisher, this is the first of many top quality titles Turbine plans on delivering. We're sure Asheron's Call 2: Legions will be exciting for those new to Asheron's Call and will exceed the expectations of our long-time fans."
Building on the critically acclaimed franchise, Asheron's Call 2: Legions will feature:
- A Massive New Continent
- Players can explore the mystical continent of Knorr. The continent adds more than 30 percent to the size of the game world.
- New Playable Races
- Recalled from portal-space by Asheron himself, players can choose to help the Empyreans rebuild their power on Dereth or toil the land as a Drudge!
- 300 New Skills and Abilities Added
- Players can experience completely new skill trees and hierarchies.
- 3 New Prestige Classes
- These elite classes extend gameplay for the new race by offering special options to high-end players.
- Hero System 2.0 Extends Elder Challenge
- New skill system and advancement model for high-level characters includes the ability to chain skills for spectacular results in combat.
- 40+ New Weapons
- A wide variety of weapons for all races have been added.
- 100+ New Quests
- Designed for a full span of level ranges, this is practically a full game in itself.
- 20+ New Dungeons
- Players enter these underground lairs of the Olthoi Queen and fight for dominance of Knorr.
- 10 New Monster Types
- These monsters are unique to the world of Knorr and add to the already uniquely creative complement of creature in Asheron's Call 2: Fallen Kings®.
- Engine Upgrades
- Major game system improvements enhance performance and smooth the gameplay experience.
Asheron's Call 2: Legions will be distributed across North America by Station Publishing and across Europe by The Codemasters Software Limited.
More articles about Asheron's Call 2: Legions