In "Rebelstar Tactical Command," the year is 2117, and Earth is under the control of the evil Arelian Empire. A band of rebels has risen to wage battle against the Arelians. Four distinct play modes include campaign, skirmish, hot-seat multiplayer and multiplayer link mode. In hot-seat multiplayer mode, a replay option lets players review the opponent's last turn.
The game's RPG elements allow players to develop unique characters and relationships and control individual soldiers. The game also boasts stealth skills, a variety of weapons, and destructible environments where players can strategically use the lines of sight rules to their advantage - or to their opponent's disadvantage.
"'Rebelstar Tactical Command' delivers a strategic and addictive gaming experience on the Game Boy Advance," said Jeff Lujan, Business Director, Namco Hometek Inc. "Role playing elements and a new twist on turn-based strategy bring depth and high replay value to 'Rebelstar Tactical Command.'"
The year is 2117. The evil Arelian Empire has been in control of planet Earth for 70 years. Initially, the Arelians brought peace and prosperity to a world ravaged by war, disease and ecological devastation. Later, they controlled Earth’s inhabitants through fear, using their henchmen, the Zorn, to abduct people when they turn 30. Now, a band of rebels rises up to fight against the Arelians. A new recruit, Jorel, quickly advances through the ranks and becomes their leader. He organizes the rebel forces and builds a powerful global army. Soon, he’ll challenge the Arelian Empire for control of planet Earth.
- Four Play Modes: Campaign, Skirmish, Multiplayer Hotseat (1 for Game Boy Advance) and Multiplayer Link Mode.
- Turn-Based Strategy with a Twist: Destructible maps and gas canisters, use the environment to your advantage with true line of site (in 8 directions)
- Turn-Based Combat System: Players controls individual soldiers in a turn-based combat system. A replay option lets players review what happened during their opponent’s turn.
- RPG Elements: Experience true character interaction and development. Equip characters with different types of weapons and equipment, including grenades, sniper rifles, missile launchers and laser rifles.
- Stealth Skills: Players hide and dodge at the end of a turn in preparation for an enemy attack.
Developed by Codo Technologies Ltd, "Rebelstar Tactical Command" is scheduled to ship in August 2005.