March 31st, 2005
Demo Version 1.0D
This Readme file contains the most recent information and updates regarding Brothers in Arms, Road to Hill 30TM, for PC.
In our effort to continuously improve our demos as well as to better understand their impact and success, we would like your assistance to collect some statistical data from your game session through the Internet. This information is not personally identifiable, and is strictly limited to game statistics, such as the time spent in-game and the number of times the demo is run.
Table of Contents
1. System Requirements
a. Minimum System Requirements
b. Important Notes
3. Technical Support
1. System Requirements
Minimum System Requirements:
• 100% Windows® 2000/XP compatible computer system (including compatible 32-bit drivers for video card, sound card and input devices)
• US version of Microsoft? Windows® 2000/XP operating system
• Intel Pentium® III or AMD Athlon™1.0 GHz processor (2.5 GHz Pentium IV or AMD Athlon recommended)
• 512MB RAM (1 GB or more recommended)
• 651MB of uncompressed hard disk space for game files, plus 512MB for Windows® swap file.
• DirectX® 9.0c or higher
• 100% DirectX® 8.0 compatible 32MB video card and drivers (64 MB recommended)*
• 3-D Hardware Accelerator must support pixel shaders 1.0 or higher*
• 100% DirectX® 8.0 compatible sound card and drivers (EAX recommended)
• 100% Microsoft®-compatible mouse & keyboard
* Brothers in Arms TM has been tested on many but not all of the major cards incorporating support for pixel shaders 1.0:
• ATI® Radeon 8500, 9600XT, 9600Pro, 9700Pro, A9800XT, AX800XT, x300SE, x800
• NVidia™ GeForce 4Ti, 4200, FX 5600, 5700, 5900, 5950, 6800, 6800GT
For an up-to-date list of supported chipsets, please visit the FAQ for this game on our support website at: http://support.ubi.com.
In addition to the Minimum System Requirements for Brothers in ArmsTM, it is required that your system meet Microsoft’s requirements for your chosen operating system.
This product uses Microsoft DirectX? technology, which requires your system to have the latest Windows? 2000/XP drivers (for video card, sound card and input devices.) Please refer to your hardware manufacturer for 100% Windows? 2000/XP compliant drivers.
This game has been tested on SP1 and SP2 for Windows XP and SP4 for Windows 2000.
Brothers in Arms® Road to Hill 30 TM is the first game in the Brothers in Arms® game series by Gearbox Software®. Look for future titles in this series. Brothers in Arms® is also available on Xbox® and Playstation®2. The Xbox® and Playstation®2 versions of Brothers In Arms Road to Hill 30 also support split screen as well as online multiplayer game modes.
Game controls are listed in PDF files extracted from the official game manual. These files are available in the SupportManual directory.
3. Technical Support
Before contacting Ubisoft’s Technical Support Department, please first read through the manual and the README file. Also browse through our FAQ listings or search our support database at our website, http://support.ubi.com. Here you will find the most recently updated information since the game’s release.
Also please make sure that your computer meets the minimum system requirements, as our support representatives will be unable to assist customers whose computers do not meet these criteria.
Whenever you contact the Technical Support Department, please include the following information or have it available if you are calling:
• Complete product title (including version number).
• Exact error message reported (if applicable) and a brief description of the problem you’re encountering.
• Processor speed and manufacturer.
• Amount of RAM.
• Operating system.
• Video card that you are using and amount of RAM it has.
• Maker and speed of your CD-ROM or DVD-ROM drive.
• Type of sound card you are using.
Support Over the Internet: This is the best way to find answers to common issues seen with our games. Our Frequently Asked Questions list is available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week and contains the most up-to-date Technical Support information available, including patches that can be downloaded free of charge. We update the Support pages on a daily basis, so please check here first for solutions to your problems: http://support.ubi.com.