Developed by chart-topping Australian games company IRGurus, Heroes of the Pacific lets you experience the exhilaration of historic flight combat in an all-action game.
Strap yourself in and get ready for some intense man-to-man dogfighting, where courage and skill are the only things keeping you from a watery grave!
Heroes of the Pacific features airborne battles with up to an awesome 150 planes in the sky at one time.
This is the first time a flight combat game has featured skies so filled with aircraft, AA fire, smoke and pieces of blown-apart airplane. This is war, gentlemen, and it's going to feel like all hell has been let loose in the skies!
Beginning with the 1941 attack on Pearl Harbour, the epic story unfolds through 26 missions taken from real events of the U.S. Navy's campaign in the Pacific. Battles take place in hotspots such as Midway Island, Iwo Jima and Guadalcanal.
Featuring 35 authentic military aircraft, plus more to unlock, prepare to pilot an incredible line-up of US and Japanese planes, including the Grumman F4F Hellcat and F6F Wildcat, the Douglas SBD Dauntless, the Curtiss P-40 Warhawk and the Chance-Vought F4U Corsair.
Players will also be able to switch between the pilot's and gunner's seats and experience first-hand what it's like when it's just you and your plane against a relentless enemy that just won't accept defeat.
Planes, ships and environments are fantastically detailed, with some models comprised of as many as 15,000 polygons, in addition to realistic and dynamic 3D water effects. In the single player game, missions can include up to 32 wingmen, who are directed through an innovative, fast-access menu system.
For the ultimate challenge, go man-to-man against your friends in a dogfight to the death: Heroes of the PacificTM features split-screen multiplayer as well as online multiplayer battles for up to 8 players across all formats and includes LAN play on PC.
So climb into the cockpit of some of the greatest WWII fighter planes and show the enemy what you're made of when Heroes of the PacificTM launches this September for PlayStation 2, Xbox and PC. Take to the skies and prepare for battle from the Heroes of the Pacific's official website.
- Fight to the death in incredible aerial battles from WWII's Pacific Theatre.
- Over 35 playable aircraft, including Fighters, Dive Bombers, Torpedo Bombers, and Bombers, with more to unlock.
- Up to 150 planes in the sky at one time, each with full AI and physics.
- 26 compelling and dramatic missions taken from real events of the Pacific campaign.
- Incredibly detailed plane and ship models, with complex lighting and environment effects.
- Player controllable wingmen, through a fast and innovative menu system.
- Two-player split screen multiplayer.
- Online play for up to eight players.
- Realistic environments, including dynamic 3D water
More articles about Heroes Of The Pacific