In "Shogun Warrior", players assume the role of one of two brothers who are locked in bloody combat in feudal Japan. Conquering neighboring territories and amassing formidable armies, only one warrior will be able to survive the deadly endgame to realize his ambitions and claim the title of Shogun.
In their quest to become Shogun, players will utilize the Nintendo DS's touch screen to plot complex battle plans while watching the action play out through detailed 3D graphics on the top screen. Touch screen mini-games such as duels, castle sieges and sea battles enhance the battle experience and give "Shogun Warrior" impressive gameplay variety and replay value. In between encounters, gamers will be able to use diplomacy and military strategy to manage their forces. For the ultimate in feudal warfare, up to 8 players can engage in enormous clashes through the wireless multiplayer capabilities of the Nintendo DS.
"With its touch screen and wireless multiplayer capabilities, the Nintendo DS is uniquely suited to excel at real-time strategy games," said Jeff Lujan, Business Director at Namco Hometek. "'Shogun Warrior' fully embraces these features to deliver an all new and innovative gameplay experience to handheld gamers, while offering a rich and vibrant interpretation of feudal Japan."
In the dark and violent world of feudal Japan, two brothers are bound by blood, yet locked in battle for the title of Shogun king. Shogun Warrior: The Lost Army is a dynamic, real-time tactical strategy game that takes full advantage of the Nintendo DS touch screen and puts you in charge of the battlefield. Choose your warrior prince and prepare for battle. Your goal is to conquer all neighboring armies and become the ultimate ruler of Japan. Once Japan is yours, you will unlock the secret to the legend of the lost army of rebel monks. Prepare for battle!
- The best elements of PC-style real-time strategy gameplay – for the first time ever, command armies in real-time battles that fit in the palm of your hand
- Real-time tactical battle system utilizes BOTH screens – map out your strategy on the bottom screen and command your armies to execute 3-D battles on the top screen
- Manage your troops – use diplomacy and military strategy to achieve your ultimate goal
- Touch screen mini-games for extreme replay value – Forest Duels, Castle Siege, Sea Battle, and Ninja Battle, and more
- Assassinate your political rivals to gain military supremacy – hire highly trained, stealthy Ninja
- Wireless multiplayer action – enter into battle with up to 16 of your friends
Developed by Box Clever Interactive, "Shogun Warrior" is planned for release in October 2005.