"Infected will certainly be 'socially communicable' in that victorious players can wirelessly invade their opponents PSP systems and spread their unique virus literally around the world," said Ken Gold, vice president of Marketing for Majesco. "This type of compelling game play is further enhanced by allowing players to check their ranking against other players, as well as see just how far their virus has spread."
"Infected is an original game custom designed to take full advantage of the power of the PSP system," said Bob Stevenson, CEO of Planet Moon Studios. "We look forward to working with Majesco to provide handheld gamers with an entirely new game play experience that's full of new ideas and happens to be one hell of a good time."
It's Christmas time in New York City and a strange virus has appeared turning seemingly normal citizens into the insane, violent Infected. Rookie Officer Stevens is one of the first victims but unlike others, is strangely immune. The mysterious Dr. Schaeffer discovers that Stevens' blood can be used to destroy the otherwise invincible Infected, and creates a special "viral gun" that fills shells with blood from Stevens' arm and blasts them straight into the Infected, causing them to violently explode.
Featuring an engrossing single-player campaign with lavishly gory details, Infected unlocks the world of Wi-Fi via exciting multiplayer modes. To participate in multiplayer combat, players create their own character or avatar. Those who are victorious in combat can "infect" the loser's PSP system with their avatar and gain ranking points. Avatars can be defeated through a variety of methods, as well as passed along from player to player thus creating a viral chain letter of attack.
Other exciting first-look features for Infected include:
- Infect the world - spread your unique avatar like a virus to other players' PSP systems via exciting multiplayer modes such as Deathmatch and Team Deathmatch;
- Through multiplayer victories, players can potentially spread their avatars from player to player around the globe;
- Form clans with shared uniforms, spreading the same unique virus to the lesser skilled;
- Ultra-fast paced, two-gun action in the streets of New York;
- Access a huge arsenal of guns and viral weapons, as well as special weapons like air strikes and fire trails that ignite chains of Infected;
- Set off massive chain reactions of exploding Infected, showering the streets with blood.
Infected joins Advent Shadow as part of Majesco's new lineup of PSP games scheduled for release this year. More information can be found online at www.majescogames.com.
More articles about Infected