The story picks up seven years after Pioneer 1 touched down on planet Ragol. As Pioneer 2 arrives to continue the settlement on this new world, contact is suddenly lost following a massive explosion on the surface. Players take on the role of a hunter, commissioned by the Governor-General to resolve the mystery unfolding on Ragol.
- New Quests! - Thirty three quests have been created from the offline portion of the PSO story. Visit the Governor-General and receive up to 15 quests, or get to the Laboratory to accept 18 quests that await you there.
- Customize 12 characters - A new character named Momoka is introduced through one of the Governor-General's quests. Also, new morphing technology allows you to customize your character's face, hairstyle, clothing, and body size.
- Play from any PC - Your character data is held on a server allowing you to play anytime from any PC that has Internet access and PSO Blue Burst installed.
- Team Features - Join a team and chat with other members at any time via "Team Chat". The "Team Point Ranking System" allows you to compete and it converts undesired rare items into team points.
- 3D Battle Action - Outstanding sense of realism where results of battles are determined by player's ability and the parameters of the player's character. Customize your command palette for simple, straightforward operations.
- Different modes to keep you on your toes – Including ‘Battle Mode’, ‘Challenge Mode’ and ‘Go Go Ball Lobby’.
- Items galore - Collect and draw off the magic of more than 1,000 items throughout your many quests.
More articles about Phantasy Star Online: Blue Burst