This new patch modifies game data and in this cases the saves that are made while in missions will not work properly. We highly recommend before installing this patch that "all the Captains should returned to bases" or to load a previous in base save (after install) in order to avoid eventual problems.
Silent Hunter III Patch 1.3 fixes :
- Now external camera is linked to the U-boat using “,” and “.”
- New order for Chief Engineer - Periscope depth
- Torpedo tube ready message and voice is now active
- View to heading order implemented using key “-“
- Head to view order implemented using key “=”
- Fixes a bug where the oxygen was not replenished using snorkel
- Fixes some bugs to dials in command and sonar room that display wrong information
- A new advance plotting mode is available (thanks to Akifumi ”Jiim” Nojima)
- Fixed a bug to the waypoint plotting system
- The crush depth for all submarines has been corrected
- Submarine damage model has been improved
- Now Liverpool and Firth of Clyde are in the correct position
- T II torpedo range bas been corrected
- Type XXI torpedo loading speed had been corrected
- More radio messages from BdU had been added
- Escorts ASW attack methods have been improved
- Escorts spawning issue was solved. Now the convoys will be better protected.
- Navigation tutorial issue solved: there are no more sudden explosions on boats
- Gramophone issue was solved: it will be available now while the in-game music was switched OFF.
- Side of the detected ships is no longer revealed by radar or sonar
- UZO view by night was improved
- N-Vidia workaround was improved. First time when the user (with N-Vidia) uses UZO the spray bug will appear. If the user uses Ctrl+P that option will be stored in the main.cfg file and will not be necessary to switch off again that particle system (cause the main.cfg will be updated). The Ctrl+P now is linked only with the particle system from the sub so the other particles in the game will not be affected. When you will exit to free camera or any other view the particle system from the sub will be automatically restarted and the player will not have any issues related to it. After this the player can enter/exit UZO station without any other worries about Ctrl+P.
We didn't make this ON by default because there are the users of ATI cards that have no need of this workaround.
The N-Vidia users can also add in the main.cfg in video section, this line:
- Un-checking the event camera in video settings now disables it regardless of the setting in the realism menu. The "no event camera" option in that menu is grayed out to reflect this.
Game saves made while at sea may be lost when applyin gthis patch. It is therefore recommended that players return to base and save their progress prior to installing the patch.
SHIPS & AIRPLANES DAMAGE SYSTEM
Improvements in collision and damage model have been made for several ships:
• Liberty Cargo
• C2 Cargo
• T2 Tanker
• T3 Tanker
• Tug Boat
• Netherlands properly enters and exits the war now
• Gdansk is now renamed Danzig when under German control
• Added mine fields and anti sub nets
• Local time displayed (under the current date) when the mouse is over the current hour (bottom-right corner) in game; this local time will depend on the U-Boot position on Earth (which is divided in 24 slices having 15 longitudinal degrees each);
• Game version displayed in the bottom-right corner of the main menu page;
• Data from notepad (top-right section in periscopes or UZO pages) will not be reset on expert mode when the target in view is changing;
• A new tool: Angle tool (protractor) on navigation map;
• No weapon officer assist option (a new option in difficulty settings); when this option is checked then the Identify target and Solution to target orders from Weapons officer will be disabled;
• Wound badge fixed (when drag & drop);
• Solved issues related to rain on time compression (rain will not became invisible after long time compression sessions)
• A more balanced weather system
• Solved Game Editor crashes related to terrain data, mission objectives and triggers
• Solved the black sun problem and environment texture errors
• The escorts will now make evasive maneuvers while pursuing contact (depending on the crew skill)
• Ready button issue was fixed
• Message box issues
• The interface to servers list has been slightly updated to reflect the version of the game server and also to show if the server is password protected
• The crash that is happening when chatting in session menu has been fixed.
• Other minor updates