In Tom Clancy’s Splinter Cell Chaos Theory, the year is 2008. Citywide blackouts, stock exchange sabotage, electronic hijacking of national defense systems: This is information warfare. To prevent such attacks, operatives must infiltrate hostile territory and aggressively collect critical intelligence, getting closer than ever to enemy soldiers.
Through the eight level missions of the single-player campaign—one of which is also exclusive to the Nintendo DS—Sam Fisher, the most elite black-ops agent of the National Security Agency, will kill from close-range, attack with his combat knife, shoot with the prototype Land Warrior rifle and use radical suppression techniques such as the inverted neck-break to accomplish his duty.
“We are thrilled to release Tom Clancy’s Splinter Cell Chaos Theory for the very first time in full 3D on a handheld console,” said John Parkes, EMEA Marketing Director at Ubisoft. “The game will take full advantage of the Nintendo DS technology, with extensive use of the two screens and wireless communication for multiplayer games. With the addition of an exclusive solo mission and move, this shows our commitment and confidence in making Tom Clancy’s Splinter Cell Chaos Theory DS a strong release for this summer.”
Tom Clancy’s Splinter Cell Chaos Theory DS additional features:
- All the new moves and gadgets of the console versions released in March but with the addition of the SWAT TURN
- The Touch Screen technology allows players to manage the inventory, choose between three visions modes and maneuver the camera
- The Wireless Communication of the Nintendo DS will be intensely used for the multiplayer modes:
- Cooperative mode for two players with five levels to explore. Each player can choose between two Shadownet expertises: Assault or Hacker
- Versus mode for two to four players with seven maps available. The Versus mode places you in a war of Shadownet Spies against Argus Mercenaries. While Spies try to hack computer devices to steal important information, Mercenaries must patrol and guard these stations.
Tom Clancy’s Splinter Cell Chaos Theory™ will be released at the end of June 2005 on Nintendo DS at the suggested retail price of 39,99 €.
More articles about Splinter Cell Chaos Theory