"We are pleased to bring two original and exciting titles produced by some very talented developers to fans of the PSP system," said Chris Sturr, Senior Brand Manager, Sony Online Entertainment. "GripShift is an original break-through combination of stunt driving, platform and puzzle action that is sure to thrill, while Frantix will put even the most skilled puzzle-solver to the test with action that is easy to pick-up, but hard to put down. Both titles will offer compelling gameplay experiences that will appeal to casual and hardcore gamers alike."
GripShift is one of the first video games for the PSP system to combine high-flying stunt driving and unique puzzle-solving action in an all-out, pedal-to-the-metal racing experience. Players will race as one of six unique characters in supped-up, customizable vehicles as they stunt their way through insane twisting levels while collecting power-ups, avoiding traps, beating the clock and challenging friends.
With unlockable racing circuits, bonus games and the ability to create custom tracks with the in-game Track Editor and share them wirelessly with other players, GripShift offers an original and compelling gameplay experience for the PSP system. GripShift is being developed by Sidhe Interactive and co-published by Red Mile Entertainment.
Featuring enhanced aerial physics with an intuitive control system, players will perform awesome aerial jumps for massive hang time in puzzle-like driving challenges with multiple routes, short-cuts, loops, jumps and power ups. Compete in single player race mode against the CPU, or enjoy multiplayer action with your friends in head-to-head wireless multiplayer. Create and design custom levels to share with your friends or play in one of eight bonus games for outrageous fun. It’s an original break-thru combination of stunt driving, platform action and puzzle solving, designed exclusively for the PSP system.
- Original Combination of Genres: Stunt Driving, Platform-Action and Puzzle Solving genres combined offer the ultimate on-the-go driving experience.
- Vibrant 3D Environments: Stunt through more than 100 diverse levels in 4 themed worlds (Desert, Jungle, Ice and Horror) that come alive with brilliant 3D graphics, stunning lighting and dynamic visual effects
- Puzzle-like challenges: Multiple routes, short-cuts, loops, jumps, ramps, power-ups and dangers to avoid will challenge the most skilled drivers
- Exciting Race Mode: Additional racing circuits provide action for players to race against the CPU or human drivers
- 8 Bonus Games: Penguin Bowling, Bomb Pool, Soccer Crazy, Snaker, Ice Hockey and more offer new challenges for you to conquer solo or with up to 3 of your friends.
- Wireless Multiplayer Gameplay: Single player or multiplayer action for up to 4 players through the PSP system’s wireless feature
- Customizable Levels: Create custom levels with the in-game Track Editor and share them wirelessly with friends
- Six Playable Characters: Play as one of 6 playable characters and customize your vehicles for a unique look
- Intuitive control system: Optimized gameplay and aerial physics allow for awesome jumps with massive hang-time
Get FRANTIX and get ready to….Challenge yourself in the first character-based 3D puzzle-solving adventure for the PSP. Quick-paced action, surreal environments and challenging levels combine for extremely fun and captivating gameplay as you race against the clock to solve each puzzle. But be careful, the obvious path is not always the best solution and each level is filled with devious creatures, unique obstacles, dangerous hazards, and deadly traps along the way.
Designed for the PSP system, FRANTIX will put your puzzle-solving skills to the test as you adventure through surreal worlds to solve each puzzle in the shortest amount of time. Featuring frantic puzzle-solving action, beautiful 3D graphics, more than 150 challenging levels to play through, power pick-ups, and a diverse array of monsters and unique obstacles, FRANTIX is easy to pick up, but hard to put down.
- Puzzle-Solving Fun – Immerse yourself in the first character-based 3D puzzle-solving adventure for the PSP system.
- Challenging Levels – Play through and unlock more than 150 strategic levels.
- Power Pick-Ups - Collect colored Gems to advance to higher levels and grab specialized power pick-ups for additional speed boost, invincibility, and many more.
- Unique Obstacles – Each level is filled with unique obstacles including moveable objects, toll gates, and complex walls.
- Hazards and Traps – Watch out for deadly hazards from lava to quick sand and tricky traps that will bring certain doom to your character.
- Enemies and Creatures – Avoid these crafty critters at all cost because coming into contact with any one of these guys spells certain death.
- Action-oriented Gameplay – Easy to pick up, hard to put down and quick-paced gameplay will challenge even the best puzzle-solving enthusiasts.
- Replay Value – Compete for the best time against a friend, unlock new world themes and more levels as you progress through the game, or go back and try to beat your best time on each level!
Product demonstrations of GripShift and FRANTIX will be available in Sony Online Entertainment's booth (946) in the South Hall of the Los Angeles Convention Center during the Electronic Entertainment Expo from May 18-20.