As an aspiring 00 agent dismissed from MI6 for reckless brutality, the player is recruited by Auric Goldfinger in a ruthless war against Dr. No for control of the Bond underworld. Players wreak havoc as they make their unrelenting rise through the ranks of villainy. On globe-spanning missions of vengeance and demolition, players encounter such legendary Bond characters as Oddjob, Dr. No, Goldfinger, Scaramanga, and Xenia Onatopp.
Gamers outwit villainous rivals and battle it out in the intense wireless multiplayer mayhem with up to seven other players using only one cartridge, a unique feature for the Nintendo DS. The game also features a robust single-player campaign divided into six missions. Players can exploit multiple weapon combinations through the dual-wield gunplay system, or go head-to-head, melee-style, by taking enemies hostage or knocking them out with one punch.
The dual-screen display provides a gameplay window on the top screen and the heads-up-display (HUD) on the touch screen. The HUD provides vital intelligence to players and allows for them to check ammunition levels, hack electronic devices and weapons, decode security locks, and more. In the all-new for DS 'Virtual Training' mode, players sharpen their lethal edge and gain experience by defeating infamous Bond villains in order to earn valuable upgrades for their GoldenEye weaponry. Left and right-handed gameplay controls, plus stylus and thumb-pad play, take full advantage of the platform's unique touch-screen capabilities.
Why save the world when you can rule it? GoldenEye: Rogue Agent™ goes where no previous James Bond™ game has dared to tread, giving you the chance to cross over to the dark side of the Bond universe to experience life as a ruthless and unpredictable villain.
As an aspiring 00 agent dismissed from MI6 for reckless brutality, you’re recruited by Auric Goldfinger in a ruthless war against Dr. No for control of the Bond underworld. A brutal encounter with Dr. No costs you an eye, but Goldfinger’s technicians replace it with a gold-hued, synthetic and upgradeable eye, earning you the name ‘GoldenEye’.
Wreak havoc as you make your unrelenting rise through the ranks of villainy. Encounter such legendary Bond characters as Oddjob, Dr. No, Goldfinger, Scaramanga, and Xenia Onatopp on globe-spanning missions of vengeance and demolition. Experience all-new features and innovative gameplay only made possible by the Nintendo DS™.
- Your upgradeable synthetic eye introduces new methods of mayhem as you master an entirely new level of interaction beyond traditional FPS mechanics. With this persistent gadget, you can see enemies through cover using MRI vision, manipulate electronics and weapons using the EM Hack, deflect damage with the Magnetic Polarity Shield, and more.
- Unleash double the firepower when you use the dual-wield weapons system to fire guns in both hands.
- Go head-to-head with the most villainous of the Bond underworld using the robust melee fighting system. Take a hostage, throw your enemies, or knock them out with one punch.
- Outwit villainous rivals in intense wireless multiplayer mayhem with up to seven other players using only one cartridge. Featured modes include Showdown, Team Showdown, Domination, and Tug-Of-War.
- Engage in the robust single-player campaign, divided into six missions.
- Access vital intelligence with the dual-screen display featuring the heads-up-display (HUD) on the touch screen. Check ammunition levels, hack electronic devices and weapons, decode security locks, and more.
- Sharpen your lethal edge in the all-new for the DS ‘Virtual Training’ mode. Gain experience and earn valuable upgrades for your GoldenEye weaponry by defeating infamous Bond villains.
More articles about GoldenEye: Rogue Agent