This system will help protect the game from malicious cheating tools that could otherwise affect most players' enjoyment. Upon WoW's formal commercial launch, only players who have an authorized CD key will be able to activate their accounts and enter the game. As part of a special promotion to celebrate the upcoming launch of WoW, players who obtain an authorized CD key before June 5, 2005 can obtain 66 hours and 40 minutes free game time -- a RMB30 value.
The CD-key system and special promotion for WoW will work as follows:
- After WoW's formal commercial launch, an authorized CD key will be required for players to activate their WoW accounts and enter the game. Each CD key costs RMB30 and can be purchased with a WoW Points Card. Also, each CD key can only be used for a single authentication.
- We will also issue WoW Points Cards at RMB30 for 600 game points. After the game's formal commercial launch, each Points Card can be used at a rate of 9 points per hour (RMB0.45/hour).
- The WoW CD-key authentication and charge service are planned to launch on May 26. As long as players purchase an authorized CD key before June 5, 2005, they can obtain 66 hours and 40 minutes free game time (a RMB30 value). During this limited promotional period, we will hold daily drawings to award players who have purchased a WoW CD key with special prizes, such as limited-edition WoW iPod Shuffle MP3s, WoW necklaces, tickets to Star Wars: Episode III -- Revenge of the Sith, WoW mouse pads, and more.
- We will inform players in advance of the exact time of WoW's commercial launch. The charge service for the WoW Points Cards will be activated at the time of the commercial launch.
- Please note that if a player is found to violate WoW's game policy (such as by using a cheating tool), that player's account will be closed and deleted, and his or her CD key will be deactivated. If the player wants to continue to play WoW, he or she must acquire a new CD key to re-enter the game.
The9 and Blizzard plan to continually add new content to WoW, including new dungeons, new quests, exciting new Player-versus-Player Battlegrounds, and powerful new rewards. In addition to this, the two companies will maintain top-notch technical support for the game and remain vigilant against the use of cheating tools and malicious players who violate game policy.
More articles about World Of WarCraft