The game is available for only $35 plus Shipping & Handling. It comes with a fully printed 70 page game manual and 2 Game CDs. The game will not be sold in stores, but - like all Battlefront titles - will only be available via mail order directly from www.battlefront.com. Products ship out of Battlefront's US warehouse in Vermont and their European warehouse in Ireland (no additional taxes or duties to European customers).
Battlefront.com and IDDK/Crazy House also disclosed today, that the work on a multiplayer add-on is already underway. The add-on is planned to include full online multiplayer support (the current release allows for single player and LAN only) for up to eight players as well as 20 completely new maps. At least one new playable tank is planned as well! The add-on is expected to be ready
for release at the end of the year.
T72: Balkans on Fire! is set in the violent period of civil wars which ravaged Yugoslavia from 1991 to 1995. It puts the player as a Russian volunteer tank commander right into the turret of some of Russia's best tanks, the T-72B, the T-55A and the T-34-85.
T-72 Balkans on Fire! uses a stunning 3D and physics engine to produce state of the art effects and realism. Below is a list of some of what awaits you inside!
- Three types of playable tanks modelled: T-34-85, T-55A and T-72B
- Control individual crew stations (Commander, gunner or driver)
- Wide variety of armored vehicles included as well as infantry, artillery, engineering vehicles, helicopters and trucks
- Command attached units (infantry and armor) up to a full tank platoon
- Mechanized infantry can be transported inside trucks and APCs and on tank hulls
- Detailed modelling of each vehicles fire control systems, main and secondary weapons, ammunition types, engine management and transmissions, starting and driving procedures
- Realistic night vision combat capabilities ^Ö realistically modelled low light level and infrared sights
- More than 70 types of buildings and installations that can be damaged or destroyed
- Over 40 types of plants, trees and grass sway in the breeze
- High-quality modelling of water surfaces and amphibious vehicle capabilities
- 5000+ polygons per vehicle including detailed bump mapping
- Scalable realism settings
- Powerful mission and structure editor available
- LAN Network multiplayer
Advanced Physics and Environmental Game Engine
- Vast open spaces with draw distances of more than 2 km
- Topographic height differences on maps of up to 800 m
- Realistic passage of time transitions (day changes to night)
- Dynamic weather and environmental effects: smoke, fog, rain, rainbows, dust, wind effects
- Deformable terrain : shell holes and trenches dug out in real time
- Destroyable structures, vehicles and vegetation
- Clouds cast shadows
- Optical lens flares and sun glare effects
- Realistic ballistics : wind effects, shell aerodynamics and flight characteristics, barrel wear and droop
- Shell impact angle calculations
- Detailed armor penetration results
- Post-penetration shell path and damage assessments
- High Explosive fragmentation dispersal calculations
- Realistic vehicle and structure collision detection and damage
- Individual internal and external vehicle system damage modelling including track damage, engine overheats, fuel leaks, turret jams, crew casualties, bailouts and more DirectX - 9.0b
More articles about T72: Balkans on Fire!