Current patch to “Cossacks 2: Napoleonic Wars” updates the game from version 1.0 to 1.1.
Patch enables to speed up the game functioning on computers with low RAM up to 25%.
The following changes have been implemented to the game:
Artificial Intelligence and global game mechanics fixes:
- Fixed several problems with troops under AI control.
- Fixed a problem with units’ “sticking” in the buildings corners.
- Fixed a problem on the 2nd map in “Skirmish” mode, when the peasants exceeded the bounds of their village.
- Fixed a problem, when artillery limbers incorrectly showed from the fortresses and artillery depots.
- Fixed a problem, when the game crushed on archers’ shooting.
- Replaced incomplete grenadier’s troop with the complete one on the map “General Mobilization”.
- Fixed a problem, when the reinforcements went fighting, instead of lining.
- Fixed a problem, when cannons stuck on the roads.
- Replaced French crew within the Congreve rockets gun with British one.
- Fixed a problem in Multiplayer game, when the player couldn’t turn AI on.
- Fixed a problem with artillery shooting, when the cannon stopped reloading on aim changeover.
- Fixed a problem that prevented AI from replenishing the artillery crew.
- Fixed a problem, when the life of several similar building was multiplied.
- Fixed a problem that precluded the capturing of a zone when playing for attackers in Preisish-Ailau battle.
- Fixed a problem, that made pack horses circle.
- Fixed a problem, that interrupted peasants animation.
- Fixed a problem that miss-synchronized the game on saved game loading in Multiplayer.
- Added numeration for each turn in “Battle for Europe”.
- Fixed a problem, that incorrectly selected two troops.
- Added possibility to enter game nick in Russian.
- Removed highlighting on the fulfilled tasks.
- Fixed several problems with game miss-synchronization while playing through Internet.
- Fixed a problem with mini-map scrolling, that caused lags to the game.
- Fixed a problem with peasants’ selection through "Ctrl-P".
- Fixed a problem with buildings selection through "Ctrl-B".
- Fixed a problem that allowed to “Select idle peasants” from unfinished Town Center.
- Fixed a problem when 2 players could choose different nations when playing for one side.
- Added grey icon to the grenadiers upgrade, when the player has insufficient resources.
- Fixed a problem with blockhouse in the 2nd mission of tutorial.
- Fixed a problem with game save/load in 2nd mission that caused the game to “buzz”.
- Fixed a problem, when the player-host, couldn’t create new game, before finishing the previous one.
- Added hint to priests’ healing.
- Fixed a problem with incorrect F1 hint to the current map.
- Added notice in multiplayer game, that the player saved the game with corresponding name.
- Added hint for the drummer’s training in barracks.
- Fixed a problem with save/load under “Arcade mode” turned on.
- Fixed a problem when F1 hint text changed after the game loading.
- Russian symbols for the other players are now automatically transliterated.
- Fixed a problem when bonus to attack was displayed incorrectly in info screen.
- Fixed a problem that caused the letters in the saved games names to be recognized as hot keys.
- Added field for IP-address entering in Multiplayer game.
- Fixed a problem when letter in player’s name were recognized as hot keys.
- Fixed a problem with buttons that control mini-map and with the floating damage during the tutorial.
- Added confirming message when capturing enemy’s structures.
- The player’s name now isn’t shorten when minimizing the map..
- Added hot key to stop button - Escape.
- Added text in F1 help in Multiplayer game.
- Added paragraph between the strings in chat so the letters don’t block each other.
- Fixed a problem with incorrect F1 help when the game is started.
- Fixed a problem when building had soldiers’ hints (experience, morale, etc.).
- Fixed a problem with priests’ info window.
- Added password game indicator in Multiplayer game.
- Reduced text-box for the password-entering window.
- Added division of ingame messages into general and team ones.
- Fixed a problem when the readiness of the players to the game canceled when the player changed the color.
- Added button “Allow/Forbid automatic fire” to fortification structures (hot key F)
- Added “Back to the chat button” in the room of Created game.
- Fixed a problem that displayed "Buffer overrun detected!" message for Egypt in Battle for Europe.
- Fixed a problem when the information on food amount above the mini-map displayed incorrectly.
Sound and Localization fixes:
- Fixed several problems with sound and music on the volume adjustment.
- Texts and dialogues in missions are now synchronized.
- Fixed minor localization problems.
- Fixed a problem in Single player that hid a part of the text.
- Added hint for the bayonets to soldiers without an order.
- Hot keys are now correctly localized for each localization version.
- Added sound, when the Town Center is under attack.
- Improved maps balance in Skirmish mode.
- Fixed a problem that enabled skirmishes between the allies on Embrasures map.
- Now the scattered soldiers don’t shoot each other in Battles, if there were more than 2 players for the side.
- Fixed artillery limit, now it doesn’t collide with other cannons.
- Blockhouse now inflicts no damage to friendly troops.
- Fixed a problem when the player could find out the enemy’s units-limit by clicking on the enemy’s building.
- Fixed a problem with victory condition, when the player couldn’t defeat the enemy before eliminating all the peasants.
- Now AI’s peasants don’t buzz when the building which they were to repair is demolished.
- Fixed various problems in “Battle for Europe” mode.
- Fixed a problem, that caused loading of the map, that had been selected before the initial loading.
- Fixed a bug with fog of war on game’s loading.
- Fixed a problem when the nation changed after restart.
- Fixed a problem when save files didn’t load if their name contained @#$%^&*().
More articles about Cossacks II: Napoleonic Wars