"Through our regular live updates for EverQuest II we've not only added a couple thousand quests and dozens of new adventure instances, we've changed the way people play our game with new features," said Scott Hartsman, senior producer, Sony Online Entertainment. "Expansions and adventure packs, however, let us do even more. In Desert of Flames we've created a home for some great new player versus player gameplay, with some unique twists. The Splitpaw Saga does more than tell an interesting story; it also includes the addition of dungeon instances that scale to your group's level. Both of these additions to EverQuest II let us do things we've never done before and we're excited about our plans for the next six months."
In Desert of Flames, players will experience exciting gameplay-changing features and can explore never-before-seen areas filled with new quests, monsters, and loot. Desert of Flames is centered around the newly discovered, vibrantly colorful city of Maj'Dul. Set in an Arabian Nights theme, players can choose to battle in special new arenas either against other players or against creatures in a new style of player versus player combat. Other exciting features include a dozen new zones and epic encounters, over 40 new creatures, a level range increase to 60 for all players and new voice-over emotes for player characters.
The Splitpaw Saga is the second adventure pack for EverQuest II, following the success of EverQuest®II The Bloodline Chronicles, released by SOE in March 2005. Adventure packs offer players downloadable story-rich content whereas expansion packs add gameplay changing features and large amounts of land. The Splitpaw Saga leads players through a series of event-based zones by using moveable planks, crates, and barrels. These zones add both replay value and cater to players of all levels since the content dynamically scales to the level of the group.
About EverQuest II Desert of Flames
EverQuest II is the next generation of massively multiplayer gaming, a huge online world where thousands of players come together for adventure and community. Featuring breathtaking graphics and a vast, beautiful game world to explore, as well as voices for almost all non-player characters, EverQuest II sets new standards in gameplay and immersion. Desert of Flames is the first expansion pack for EverQuest II.
The salt flats, mesas, spires and dunes in EverQuest II Desert of Flames provide the backdrop for exciting new adventures that will tell the tales of the people and creatures found in the Desert of Ro. Players of all classes can collect new creatures and pit them against each other in special arenas in the newly discovered city of Maj'Dul. Rather than watching the battle from the sidelines, players become the champion, slinging spells and wielding weapons in a variety of combat scenarios. Player characters can also take their chances against these fearsome creatures, or even challenge other players in battles for fame and glory. For the first time in an MMO, players will be able to scramble up crumbling cliffs in search of treasure and adventure in thrilling new zones all set within this colorful Arabian Nights theme. With new epic encounters designed for levels 45 and up, and the rumor of fearsome twin metallic dragons, there are plenty of exciting new activities for everyone to enjoy in EverQuest II Desert of Flames.
- Arena champions: Take the form of new exotic creatures, or fight as yourself, in battles for glory against other creatures or players.
- New movement: Search for treasure and find adventure in new areas by climbing up and down walls for the first time in an MMO.
- Voice-over emotes: Express yourself in a battle or expand your social circle with new voice emotes.
- Guild vaults: Share the loot of a hard won battle with the rest of your guild members.
- Level range increase: Now play up to level 60!
- New land: Discover over a dozen new zones and epic encounters.
- New creatures: Test your combat skills in battles with over 40 new fearsome creatures.
About EverQuest II The Splitpaw Saga
In The Splitpaw Saga, players will explore the collapsed caverns and twisted tunnels of Sundered Splitpaw. Throughout this adventure, the truth behind the dungeon's mysterious demise is uncovered by using moveable planks, crates and barrels to work through a series of intriguing event-based zones. A ferocious clan of cannibalistic gnolls will stand in the way as players seek to destroy the greatest threat yet in Norrath's new history. Experience the adventure right away and meet new challenges a second time around since the encounters scale dynamically to match your level. The Splitpaw Sagas is a unique adventure pack with an exciting storyline and plenty of action that solo players, groups, raids can enjoy for months to come.
- Unlock the mysterious abductions of surface dwellers with the use of a glowing crystal shard that will increase in power as you progress through the adventure.
- Gain access to your own solo instance and earn rewards before the full adventure begins.
- Two new dungeons with twelve additional instanced zones.
- Event-based adventure that takes you through 12 different solo, group and raid instances surrounding the story of Splitpaw.
- A variety of new creatures to encounter.
- Dozens of new scenario-based quests that take you right into the action.
- Dozens of new tradeskill recipes.
- Moveable Objects: Freely move crates, planks, and barrels to solve puzzles and move through the rubble-strewn caverns.
- Interactive Environments: Chop your way through barriers and use exploding barrels to destroy enemies or blast your way through tunnels.
- Dynamic Content: Your foes scale to match your level! Face the dangers that Sundered Splitpaw presents all the way from level 20 to level 50.
More articles about EverQuest II