“No good guys need apply,” claims Jay Podilchuk, the producer at Strategy First. “An all evil line up of anti-heros makes this arcade-style dungeon fest a great way to express one’s darker side without winding up on court-TV,” says Podilchuk.
“Working for the darkload to wreak havoc on all of mankind is definitely a change of perception, and makes this game fun and exciting, especially when you’re sick of playing the good guy,” says Steve Milburn, Marketing Director at Strategy First.
About Necromania: Traps of Darkness
Your master Ragnar has been imprisoned by the forces of good in an effort to reclaim Necromania. It is up to you to find the key to his release and plunge Necromania back into the darkness where it belongs and earn Ragnar’s eternal favor. But other servants of evil seek the same, and the forces of good will not stand idly by. There will only be one Chosen One…
Blending strategy, action and RPG elements, Traps of Darkness is a fast-paced romp through an imaginative world. Choose the Beastmaster, the Stone Golem, the Orc Sleuth, the Knight, the Fog Woman, the Magician, or the Skeleton Warrior to be your avatar.
- Seven unique minions of Ragnar to choose from, each equipped with deadly traps and unique powers.
- Improve the skills of your hero as you complete levels and gain experience.
- Multiplayer mode brings new tactical options for players in fierce fights against two to seven players over LAN or Internet.
- Lay traps and take advantage of the terrain (labyrinths) to achieve victory against numerous opponents and vermin that populate each level.
- A powerful AI, diverse maps with random item spawning, and combinations of dark competitors ensure long hours of diverse game play.
- Race to collect power boosts that increase combat abilities or temporarily grant powers to aid the player in collecting the three pieces of the skull key.
- The inherent randomness and frantic game play makes it impossible to win the same way twice.
Necromania: Traps of Darkness will be available at all major retailers nationwide for a suggested retail price of $19.99. Rated Mature by ESRB. For more information on Traps of Darkness, please visit www.strategyfirst.com.