Developed by SEGA Studios, Shining Force Neo is a tale of knights and magic, set in a world that has been popular with RPG fans for nearly 15 years. Max, a young fighter training for knighthood, has been tasked by his father to close monster portals that have opened up in peaceful villages. With the help of 11 friends, Max's quest will take him all over the world, and through his heroic acts, he will ultimately become a legendary hero.
"Shining Force Neo reinforces our strategy of keeping SEGA's classic intellectual properties fresh and exciting to both new players and long-time fans," said Yosuke Moriya, SEGA of America spokesperson. "PlayStation 2 has become home to many of the current generation's greatest RPGs, and we're pleased to bring the Shining Force series to the platform for the first time."
Deep character customization makes up the strategic component of Shining Force Neo, which allows players to turn Max into a powerful sorcerer or a mighty warrior. More than 150 stat-improving items, called Force Arts, can be equipped for an unprecedented level of specialization. Real-time combat creates a deeper sense of personal involvement in battles, and the presence of more than 90 enemies on screen at once ratchets up the grand scale that the Shining Force games are known for. And the fast-paced action never lets up: a single play-through of the game clocks in at nearly 35 hours. For those still addicted after the credits roll, an advanced dungeon unlocks when the final boss is toppled.
Shining Force Neo is a long, satisfying adventure, packed with more action than any Shining Force title before it. The game is slated to ship in Fall 2005.
Key Product Features:
- A well recognized game universe. The game features character types and enemies that will be immediately familiar to fans.
- Gorgeous anime by Studio 4C. This notable animation team is made up of former Studio Ghibli (Princess Mononoke, Spirited Away) staff.
- Full voice acting throughout the game. Engaging vocal performances strengthen the story's emotional impact.
- Eleven unique characters join your party during the adventure.An involved story features nearly a dozen characters willing to take up Max's cause.
- More than 90 enemies will simultaneously attack Max and his party. Massive warfare gives fans the epic feel they expect from a Shining Force game.