"We have a very large and dedicated fan base and we normally select our BETA testers exclusively from this group. However, with Diplomacy having such a wide appeal and managing to attract casual gamers as well as hardcore strategy gamers, we want to make sure all these groups are given the chance to contribute" says Johan Andersson, Producer at Paradox Interactive. "The development process is reaching its most exciting peak and we can't wait to get started!"
Diplomacy is scheduled for release later this fall and will bring the power struggles of seven mighty nations to life like never before. For more information on the application process please visit:
- Single player capabilities removing the need for real-world opponents, allowing players to encounter lifelike opponents at any time.
- Graphical negotiation language, allowing efficient communication with humans and AI players alike.
- Multiplayer experience offering both the classic versions of Diplomacy as well as more optimized versions, decreasing the amount of time required of players.
- True diplomacy, allowing players to form agreements and break them without artificial constructs.
- Online server with ranking ladders, tournaments and matchmaking services allowing players to participate in competitions over the Internet or to play by e-mail in addition to playing online.
- In-depth tutorial with step-by-step guiding through the intricacies of Diplomacy.
- Complete strategy guide, offering valuable pointers on how to outsmart your opponents and truly master the game.
More articles about Diplomacy