"Morituri te Salutant!"
"Those who are about to die salute you!"
The Roman Empire stretched from North Africa to Northern Europe. At the heart of this empire was the bustling, volatile metropolis of Rome - the centre of the known world at the time. To keep its citizens happy and to remind them and the rest of the world of the power of the Roman Empire, the rulers of this empire would stage long and elaborate shows and tournaments. At the core of these events were the gladiatorial contests between individual and teams of gladiators trained to fight to the death.
Through the role playing action game "Colosseum: Road to Freedom" gamers will experience first hand the thrill of fighting in the violent spectacle of gladiatorial combat. Taken into slavery the player must earn their freedom through battle. The choice is yours - enter the arena to bask in glory or bathe in blood. Fight man or beast or re-enact glorious military victories. The crowds are hungry for entertainment and death. But be warned - a conspiracy that will shake the very foundations of the Roman Empire is brewing around you.
- Create your gladiator based on a country of origin, philosophy and beliefs.
- Master fighting techniques and prepare for combat at the gladiator training ground. Use points earned in fighting to strengthen your character's stats.
- Fight in six types of battle:
- Battle Royal
- Team battle
- Mock battle
- Get dressed to kill. Purchase and sell a broad array of weapons, shields, helmets and armour.
- Encounter a cast of true to life characters including famous gladiators of the period.