"The Romance of the Three Kingdoms video game series has been a particular favorite among the most dedicated gaming audience," said Amos Ip, Vice-President of Sales and Marketing for KOEI Corporation. "Romance of the Three Kingdoms X will entice simulation fans with over 650 playable characters, political debates, large-scale wars, breathtaking attention to detail, and many hours of addictive gameplay."
Consumers can order the game now at ebgames.com, gamestop.com and amazon.com.
The epic simulation begins after the beleaguered Chinese empire falls victim to a rebellious plot, and continues through over one hundred years of civil war. China's turbulent history is revealed in breathtaking detail as players take the roles of Ancient China's most extraordinary figures including peasant turned emperor Liu Bei, conqueror Cao Cao, the elite warrior Zhao Yun, and brilliant strategist
Key product features include:
- Players have the freedom to choose from an astonishing 650 playable characters or create up to 110 new officers.
- Social class, wide-ranging personalities, and events affect the personal life of your character. Choose from five ranks: Sovereign, Viceroy, Prefect, Vassal, or Free Officer.
- Become a diplomat and experience the significant political victories of the time. Debate with other officers and officials and master the politics of war.
- Acquire over 40 skills plus an array of new commands. Players can start a rogue army, fulfill civilian requests, vow an oath of brotherhood, dispatch spies, and much more.
- The constant threat of enemy campaigns adds a new level of tension! Regional conflicts escalate into large-scale wars as the fighting spreads. Players can build a massive army and launch full-scale
campaigns against enemy forces.
- Over 200 dramatic events are viewed and interpreted differently by each character.
- As players progress through history, their game world grows and develops based on achievements, skills, and strategies. Detailed tutorials, a help function and convenient command explanations allow for trouble-free play.
- Score composed and conducted by Yoshihiro Ike (Dead Leaves, SD Gundam Force)
Developed by KOEI Co., Ltd, Romance of the Three Kingdoms X is produced by Kou Shibusawa. The game is for 1-8 players (offline) and is rated "T" (Mild Language, Mild Violence, Use of Alcohol) by the ESRB.