Each participant will have the option and the heavy task to lead up to 10 different states simultaneously. Players will bid on new races to take their control and launch migrations, invasions and wars, from the reign of Attila’s Huns to the time of the bloody Vikings raids; all the while trying to forestall the decadence and fall of their other most advanced and civilized states.
The game also covers the spread of Christianity, as well as the birth and lightning expansion of Islam. Original and varied, this strategic quest is played in real time. YOU must demonstrate your leadership and visionary qualities to bring your people to the dawn of the Middle Ages.
- A breathtaking Adventure: GREAT INVASIONS covers 3 periods from AD 375 to 1066 with over 10 scenarios and a Grand Campaign. Dozens of races, realms and empires to choose from, play with more than 160 nations, tribes and states of all sizes and forms!
- Designed in collaboration with historians including 150 historical events, many playable stratagems, and over 3700 of the most famous historical characters of the period. GREAT INVASIONS is historically accurate recreation of the politics, economy, diplomacy, religion and art of war of that turbulent era,
- In addition to the usual border conflicts, you will have to deal with population migrations and religious heresies, as well as the almost inevitable collapse of some realms due to nomadic hordes, Viking raids or even natural ageing
- A revolutionary game approach, which allows the gamer for the first time to simultaneously rule from 5 to 10 realms and nations.
- Deep and rich gameplay: as a leading stateman, you must handle various aspects of government including diplomacy, administration/economy, religious and military.
- Play on a large game map which is a faithful recreation of Europe in the Dark Ages, from Ireland to the Arabian Peninsula, including many zoom levels and 4 different display modes.
- A multiplayer mode: strive in hectic missions with up to 4 players in local network (LAN) or via the Internet.
More articles about Great Invasions