1. System Requirements
700 MHz Intel Pentium III or equivalent
128 MB of RAM (256 MB for Windows 2000 and Windows XP)
DirectX 9.0c compatible 3D accelerated 32 MB video card or equivalent
331 MB free HDD space
32X Speed CD-ROM/DVD-ROM
DirectX 9.0c compatible sound card
Internet Explorer 6.0 or higher
Required Operating Systems: Windows 98 SE, Windows ME, Windows 2000, or Windows XP
Note that Windows 95 and Windows NT 4.0 are not supported.
Required Software: DirectX 9.0c or higher
a) Downloading DirectX 9.0c from the Web.
DirectX can be downloaded from the following location:http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/search.aspx?displaylang=en&categoryid=2
Click the link that states: DirectX 9.0c End-User Runtime
Follow the instructions on the web site to successfully install DirectX 9.0c.
b) DirectX 9.0c and supported hardware.
We recommend that EA SPORTS(TM) CRICKET 2005 Demo be run with DirectX compatible sound and video cards. While there is a chance that EA SPORTS(TM) CRICKET 2005 Demo can run with non-DirectX compatible hardware, you may encounter the following issues:
- Sound quality suffers.
- The game runs slower.
- The game does not run at all.
If your sound or video card does not support DirectX, please contact your vendor.
- To uninstall EA SPORTS(TM) CRICKET 2005 Demo, go to the Start menu and select Programs > EA SPORTS > EA SPORTS CRICKET 2005 Demo.
- Click Uninstall to continue. Or open the Start menu, select Settings, then select Control Panel.
- Double-click Add or Remove Programs to scroll down the list of installed programs.
- Select EA SPORTS CRICKET 2005 Demo then click Add/Remove to uninstall the program.
NOTE: Uninstalling EA SPORTS(TM) CRICKET 2005 Demo deletes the Install folder and all its contents.
4. Video / 3D cards
Supported chipsets: ATI Radeon 7500 Series, ATI Radeon 8500, ATI Radeon 9000-9800 Series, ATI Radeon x300 / x600 / x700 / x800 Series, Intel i865, Intel 915, NVIDIA GeForce 2 (GTS, MX Series, nForce, Ultra), NVIDIA GeForce 4 (MX Series, nForce2, Ti Series), NVIDIA GeForce FX Series, NVIDIA 6 Series.
Recommended chipsets: ATI Radeon 8500 or higher, NVIDIA GeForce 3 or higher
If you experience problems, please contact your card vendor or chipset manufacturer to obtain the latest drivers.
If you use an NVIDIA-based video card on Windows 98/ME with certain NVIDIA drivers (in particular, the 66.94 driver), flickering issues may result. Since the issues do not occur when testing the older NVIDIA 61.76 driver, you can revert to it as a possible workaround.
5. Mouse, Keyboard and Controller Functionality
Please note that you may have to recalibrate your controllers in Windows in order to have the game correctly detect them.
We recommend the use of the following controllers:
EMS® Joypad Converter(TM) (requires 2 PS2® controllers plugged in)
Gravis® Eliminator Aftershock(TM)
Interact® Axis Pad Colors(TM)
Interact® Hammerhead FX(TM)
Liksang® Super Dual Box(TM)
Logitech® Dual Action(TM)
Logitech® Rumblepad 2(TM)
Logitech® Rumblepad 2 Cordless(TM)
Logitech® Rumblepad Cordless(TM)
Play.com® USB Dual PS2 to PC Converter XP(TM) (requires 2 PS2® controllers
Saitek® P2500 Rumblepad (Cyborg Force Rumble Pad)(TM)
Saitek® P3000 Wireless Pad(TM)
Thrustmaster® Firestorm Dual Analog 3(TM)
Thrustmaster® Firestorm Dual Power 3(TM)
Thrustmaster® Firestorm Wireless(TM)
Thrustmaster® Wireless Dual Trigger(TM)
Thrustmaster® 2-in-1 Dual Trigger(TM)
To bring up the in-game pause menus, you can press the Esc key.
You may experience cursor issues when using the Alt-Tab option to move to your desktop. To fix these issues, press the Windows key on your keyboard. We recommend that users do not switch tasks while EA SPORTS(TM) CRICKET 2005 Demo is running. Otherwise, audio and/or visual issues may result.
7. Hints & Tips
- Utilise the full range of your bowlers.
- Vary the pace of the bowling.
- Vary the spin of the bowling.
- Medium-Fast and Fast bowlers are good on green pitches.
- Spin bowlers are best on dusty and hard pitches.
- Vary the bowling side between over and around the wicket.
- When bowling, frequently vary your field setup to defend against your opposition's shots.
- When bowling with Medium-Fast and Fast bowlers in a test match, it is good to have three or four slip fielders to catch edges.
- Patience is a virtue in a test match.
- Medium-pacers are more effective on damp and wet pitches.
- Keep an eye on the opponent's fielding positions to exploit the gaps.
- Use practice nets to learn the shots and perfect your timing.
- In the practice nets, learn every shot so that you can vary your shot selection and direction in the game.
- Remember, patience is a virtue in a test match.
- Use the Six Hit button early on in One Day Games as the fielders have restrictions placed on them during the first 30% of the game.
- Missing the shot results in a drop in the batsman's confidence level.
- Being hit by the ball results in a significant drop in the batsman's confidence level.
- When first batting, use the run assist function to help judge running between the wickets.
More articles about Cricket 2005