Major Offense and Passing Upgrades
- Quarterback Vision Control: Look off receivers and make heads turn with the revolutionary QB Vision Control mechanic. Each QB has a different field of vision, depending on his rating. It's now tougher to hit receivers outside the QB Vision Control.
- Precision Placement: Choose exactly where to throw the ball-lead the receiver across the middle or take a little off a deep pass to set up a jump-ball.
- Additional Passing Features: Formation Specific Audibles-different audibles for different situations; Smart Routes- receivers adjust their routes to pick up first downs or cross the goal line; Head Tracking-players now turn their heads when looking for the ball-no more blind catches.
- Experience the Life of an NFL Player with NFL Superstar Mode
- NFL Superstar Mode: This entirely new single-player mode allows you to experience the life of an NFL player by earning one of more than 60 Personas ranging from MVP to Movie Star. Features include:
- World Map: Navigate real NFL city maps as you visit destinations like the barber shop and tattoo parlor.
- Personas: Define how you live your life on and off the field.
- Agents: Hire your agent and watch him get movie roles and endorsements for your NFL Superstar.
- Create a Star: Choose your parents, fill out an NFL combine registration form, and take the IQ test.
- Import Players: Bring your NCAA®Football Legend or NFL STREET 2 player into NFL Superstar Mode to give him a head start.
- Deep Storyline: More options include your house, My Web, endorsements, persona-specific attributes, mini-games and events, and the web.
Unprecedented Depth and Upgrades
- More Robust Online Features**: Share files via your EA Locker and instantly find a solid match-up with improved matchmaking. Check your EA SPORTS Fantasy Football stats in game.
- Broadcast Presentation: Improved graphics, tons of scripted scenes, and new replays and sequences.
- Truck Stick Control: Deliver big hits on offense to break tackles, pancake defenders, and clear your path to the end zone
- Real NFL Gameplay: All-new features include smart routes, defensive keys, and blocking assignments.
- Updated sound and commentary: More natural sounding commentary system, radio show improvements with new calls, and enhanced commentary from John Madden as he breaks down the game and analyzes replays.
- Franchise Enhancements: The deepest season mode to date features:
- Total Control Simulation-Quickly simulate results on a play-by-play basis.
- Establish a Gameplan- Practice plays to counter your opponent's strengths and exploit their weaknesses, while earning in-game attribute bonuses for your efforts during practice.
- Spawn Games: Play Franchise games online. This plus the EA Locker users to compete in Franchises concurrently.
- Improved Radio Show: Features new callers and segments from the Tony Bruno Show.