"In nearly any entertainment medium be it motion pictures or video games, very few franchises can boast of having close to ten sequels with such enduring success as Romance of the Three Kingdoms," said Amos Ip, Vice-President of Sales & Marketing at KOEI Corporation. "The Romance of the Three Kingdoms brand name has been synonymous with simulation and strategy gaming since the 8-bit generation of game consoles, so we are very proud of see this landmark 10th edition continue the series' success on the PlayStation 2."
The epic simulation begins after the beleaguered Chinese empire falls victim to a rebellious plot, and continues through over one hundred years of civil war. China's turbulent history is revealed in breathtaking detail as players take the roles of Ancient China's most extraordinary figures including peasant turned emperor Liu Bei, conqueror Cao Cao, the elite warrior Zhao Yun, and brilliant strategist
Key product features include:
- Players have the freedom to choose from an astonishing 650 playable characters or create up to 110 new officers.
- Social class, wide-ranging personalities, and events affect the personal life of your character. Choose from five ranks: Sovereign, Viceroy, Prefect, Vassal, or Free Officer.
- Become a diplomat and experience the significant political victories of the time. Debate with other officers and officials and master the politics of war.
- Acquire over 40 skills plus an array of new commands. Players can start a rogue army, fulfill civilian requests, vow an oath of brotherhood, dispatch spies, and much more.
- The constant threat of enemy campaigns adds a new level of tension! Regional conflicts escalate into large-scale wars as the fighting spreads. Players can build a massive army and launch full-scale
campaigns against enemy forces.
- Over 200 dramatic events are viewed and interpreted differently by each character.
- As players progress through history, their game world grows and develops based on achievements, skills, and strategies. Detailed tutorials, a help function and convenient command explanations allow for trouble-free play.
- Score composed and conducted by Yoshihiro Ike (Dead Leaves, SD Gundam
The game is for 1-8 players (offline) and is rated "T" (Mild Language, Mild Violence, Use of Alcohol) by the ESRB.