Return to an ancient land torn apart by chaos where once again history’s mightiest warriors step onto the battlefield. Now, take command of the fearless warriors in this martial-arts epic where passions and dreams will live and die on the battlefield. Some will fight for power, some for glory and others for peace.
With new warriors, a spectacular arsenal of new weapons and attacks to master, massive landscapes to conquer, and much more, players will experience the greatest Dynasty Warriors adventure of all time.
- Presented in Dolby Digital 5.1 surround sound. It's Dynasty Warriors 5 like you've never heard it!
- New voice option! Choose between English and the never-before-released Japanese with English subtitles.
- Load times are significantly reduced. Spend more time in combat and less time at loading screens.
- The largest cast ever- six new Dynasty Warriors in all for a total roster of 48 playable characters, each with their own story and in-game events.
- A completely revamped weapons system with a supreme arsenal of devastating weapons and new attacks. New Musou Rage, character-specific jump attacks, and blazing 9-hit Evolution Combos open the possibility for the previously unattainable 9,999 K.O.s!
- New bodyguard officer system.
- Twice as many characters per screen than Dynasty Warriors 4 for the most satisfying Musou attacks!
- Enhanced battlefield base system challenges players’ strategic decision-making in combat.
- 38 redesigned maps, each 30% larger and with environments that have their own look and feel.
- The vastly improved graphics engine reduces fog, delivers rich detail in the characters and environments, and eliminates drops in frame rate.
- Tigers fight by your side on the battlefield!
- New Chaos difficulty level, Challenge modes, and more!
NEW! BODYGUARD OFFICERS
A single, more capable officer replaces the bodyguard unit. Each bodyguard is unique in appearance, and specializes in a weapon and ability.
Bodyguards are original soldiers, separate from the game’s 48 playable Warriors.
Players can amass a stable of up to 8 bodyguard officers and develop their combat skills.
MORE WEAPON VARIATIONS THAN EVER
Weapons now have more varied effects depending on its affinity and weight. Collect new weapons by defeating enemy officers or finding treasure chests.
NEW! BATTLEFIELD BASE SYSTEM
The game’s four new strongholds each posses different characteristics:
Attack base – Armed with catapults or arbalests, enemies will attack aggressively.
Defense base – Characterized by high walls. Units stationed at these bases are more defensive in nature.
Supply base – A warehouse holding precious items.
Checkpoint – Conquer an enemy checkpoint to call for allied reinforcements.
FIGHTING TIGERS, NEW CHALLENGES, NEW MUSOU ATTACKS, AND MORE
When equipped with a Tiger Collar, a tiger will follow you into combat and attack enemy soldiers.
“Musou Rage” – After picking up the Musou Rage token, your attack ability and speed are instantly increased.
Along with Time Attack and Bridge Melee, there are two new Challenge courses. In “Sudden Death” it’s “game over” if you get hit just once, or defeat as many enemies as possible using your Musou attack in “Rampage”
Unlock “Chaos,” the most intimidating difficulty level yet- enemies are tougher, saves are fewer, and life rejuvenating “meat buns” are in short supply.
SIX NEW WARRIORS
- Name: Cao Pi Kingdom: Wei
Gender: Male Age: Unknown
Cao Pi’s relationship with his wife Zhen Ji is not one of love as much as it is a mutual understanding. However, if Zhen Ji were to become less self-serving, he would lose all interest in her, making him one of the darkest characters in the series. Cao Pi wields a long, double-bladed sword.
- Name: Pang De Kingdom: Wei
Gender: Male Age: 31
Pang De doesn’t posses a violent nature, but performs out of honor. He simply gets the job done on the battlefield. With a halberd in each hand, he is able to attack multiple attackers at the same time.
- Name: Guan Ping Kingdom: Shu
Gender: Male Age: 19
Son of Guan Yu, Guan Ping is a young man who carries the purity and foolishness of youth. He wields a giant pike, similar to Guan Yu’s Blue Dragon.
- Name: Xing Cai Kingdom: Shu
Gender: Female Age: 19
Xing Cai is quite wise and plays a major role in the “next generation” of the Shu kingdom. Although she holds a faint, almost motherly love for Guan Ping, she marries Liu Chan out of duty for her country. Xing Cai is armed with a light pike, and shield.
- Name: Ling Tong Kingdom: Wu
Gender: Male Age: 24
Ling Tong’s detached nature leaves him often glib and impertinent in his replies. He has a pair of nunchaku and a variety of powerful kicks in his arsenal.
- Name: Zuo Ci Kingdom: Unaligned
Gender: Male Age: 70
Zuo Ci possesses a desire to restore the Han Dynasty. He supports Liu Bei, and views Cao Cao, as a threat. Zuo Ci carries a deck of large cards in each hand and uses magic spells for attack and defense.