"Frankie Dettori is the worlds most popular and successful Jockey", said Sebastian Giompaolo, Managing Director for HES. "We are proud to have the 'Frankie Factor' in our videogame and look forward to a long and successful partnership with both Frankie and Player One, the interactive rights holders of Frankie Dettori and other global sports licenses."
The features of Frankie Dettori Racing include
- World famous jockey and superstar Frankie Dettori.
- Official licenses including access to Royal Ascot Race Course, the Emirates Melbourne Cup Race, Flemington Race Course, Classic Caulfield, The Caulfield Cup, and more.
- Multiplayer online play for all platforms, allowing competitive and friendly play over the Internet.
- Multiple game modes including Career Mode, Jockey Challenge and Betting Party.
- In depth Career Mode including auctions, horse breeding, training, and stable management.
- Highly detailed graphics including realistic horses and jockeys, weather effects, and accurately modelled Australian and international race courses.
- Lifelike horse and jockey animation, motion captured by Weta Digital, the VFX wizards behind The Lord of the Rings movie trilogy.
"Our studio is delighted to be working on another strong sports franchise with HES" said Mario Wynands, Managing Director of Sidhe Interactive, the development studio behind the title. "Frankie Dettori Racing is an opportunity for us to raise the bar in the horse racing gaming genre by providing ease of accessibility and superior graphical realism".
Frankie Dettori Racing is expected for release on PS2, Xbox and PC in Europe in November 2005 under Tru Blu Games, the publishing division of HES. The title will also be released in Australasia under the name "Melbourne Cup Challenge".