“Barbarian Invasion will contain a multitude of new features comprising of enough content to fulfil a full PC title release,” said Tim Ansell, Managing Director, The Creative Assembly. “CA have always aspired to make games for the fans and we have addressed the feedback from consumers to create the ultimate Rome experience.”
“We are delighted to have this superb title on our release schedule,” added Matt Woodley, Creative Director at SEGA. “It further demonstrates both CA’s ability to deliver the best games in the genre, and SEGA’s commitment to develop the Total War brand and maintain it’s global status.”
Rome: Total War - Barbarian Invasion commences just after the last Emperor of a unified Rome has died. His successors in Rome and Constantinople are now uneasy allies and rivals for power. The ‘barbarians’ are massing along the borders, and in some cases are living inside what used to be Roman territory.
Two hundred years have now passed since the main campaign in Rome: Total War. Players can now control vast armies and over 100 new units as they battle across an updated European map that now reflects the historical changes since Rome: Total War. Tear Rome apart by leading hordes of barbarians or stand and defend the Empire as a leader of one of the two former Romes, the Western and Eastern Empires.
- Newly designed campaign map; this reflects 200 years of change and turmoil to conquer new lands and new region boundaries.
- Updated gameplay featuring the Hordes, Character Loyalty, and Roman Civil wars. Barbarians can also relocate to a new land after losing their last settlement, otherwise known as the “Barbarian Migration.”
- 10 new playable factions; expanded barbarian tech tree, 85 new units, 21 new buildings, ancillary characters, vices and virtues, military commands, holy relics and much more!
- Night battles – Hugely atmospheric battles and combat effects with added tactical challenges.
- Improved battle AI and tactics - Individual faction fighting styles, swimming units across rivers and various new tactics.
Rome: Total War - Barbarian Invasion is set for release in September 2005 on PC-CDROM.
More articles about Rome: Total War - Barbarian Invasion