Based on these historical accounts, the player will take the role of a US Captain tasked with escorting a US war reporter covering the traditional New Year (Tet) festivities, in Hue, during a ceasefire. Follow the progress of the infamous Tet Offensive from joyous New Year celebrations in the US compound, through bloody conflict across 14 distinct locations, to the final push to reclaim the Imperial Palace and the city of Hue.
Also included is a Vietcong campaign, in which the player can take the role of a young Vietcong conscript, fighting the South Vietnamese Army in the rice fields and jungle around his village, eventually becoming a Sergeant in the Hue Uprising and storming the Imperial Palace.
- Battles based on real events taking place in the ancient city of Hue
- Drivable vehicles in multiplayer mode
- Gritty, street-by-street, urban combat
- Each mission flows seamlessly into the next, without passing through a menu system
- New and updated character classes for MP
- A single player campaign for each side, US and Vietcong
- Realistic team battles in the multiplayer mode with up to 64 players
- Co-op Missions for up to 8 players against AI
- 50+ authentic weapons
- Immersive and atmospheric gameplay
More articles about Vietcong 2