Go back in time. Recruit, train, and command both the Romans and Celts and battle to victory! Follow this link, and sign-up now for the "Legion Arena" open beta test. Space is limited, so it' first come, first served!
"Legion Arena" is a role-playing strategy game created on a massive scale, providing gamers with much more than just the brutal taste of battle. Set during the period of the Roman Republic, players take command of a band of simple peasant warriors and train them into a formidable fighting force. With each victorious battle, gamers can reap the rewards of fame, money and experience along with the opportunity to "level up" their units. Troops will learn hundreds of new talents through their field experience, and will progressively upgrade their skills with each new combat they face. Gamers can play as the Roman Empire and Celtic Clans through over one hundred scenarios, and must use calculated strategies in an attempt to crush their Roman enemies on the front line while fighting for the pride and glory of the battlefield.
- Easy to learn, hard to master: keeps you coming back for more!
- Gamers recruit and train their troops.
- RPG aspect makes each unit specialized: buy equipment and chose your armies' skills with over 100 to choose from!
- Personalize the appearance of each squad by selecting their textures.
- Command vast armies in epic 3-D battles. Over 100 scenarios!
- Earn experience and denari for every victory.
- Play as both the Romans and Celtics in over 100 different scenarios!
- Over 20 unique unit types including Legionnaires, Praetorians, Elephants, and Naked Fanatics.
- Special effects including water, particles, lighting, night battles, weather, and grass.
- Detailed combat model design by twice world wargaming champion, Iain McNeil.
- Deploy troops and issue orders before battle.
- Real time control in battle using Slitherine' innovative order time system.
- Every unit has strengths and weaknesses. Gamers learn how to use their strengths and exploit their enemies' weaknesses.
- Real terrain effects: cavalry are weaker in woods, light infantry are weaker in the open.
- Sandbox mode to allow the design of scenarios for the gamer and other players to challenge.
- Two-player head-to-head mode over LAN & Internet.
More articles about Legion Arena