The main character of the game is a freelance reporter who started an independent investigation in order to expose the truth behind the disappearances of workers of a corporate facility. The installation, located on a remote planet, is a primary research site for ROOM, a highly potent "miracle drug". During the game, players will have the chance to use various mechanisms (turrets, cranes) and drives vehicles such as bikes and buggies.
Rat Hunter features traditional, by-the-book gameplay, which does not wander into the realm of tactical shooters. Players will have to overcome different obstacles and solve various puzzles in order to get to the next level. They will also get to shoot monsters, but there is no goal such as "Kill everyone"; the adversaries are just a device to maintain the tension and further the story. The advanced physics engine used in the game allows to create a highly interactive environment.
- 8 weapon types (a great help in a serious investigation!);
- More than 20 locations filled to the brim with dangerous enemies;
- A wide assortment of adversaries, ranging from horrible genetic mutants, cyborg sentries and corporate mercenaries, each differing in behavior and combat tactics. Some of them hunt in packs, the others may try to outflank or perform a sudden attack;
- Numerous objects showcase the advanced physics engine. They can be thrown, overturn, moved or used for various means (for example, a barricade);
- A thrilling story with sharp plot turns, insidious betrayals and unexpected allies. Dive into the haunting memories of the past and discover the jaw-dropping truth about your real identity;
- Objective-based levels;
- Travel by foot or use bikes, buggies or hovercrafts.