Driving the single player experience, the latest streaming environment technology has allowed the team at Zipper Interactive to expand each mission area, making them up to six times larger than in SOCOM 2 whilst allowing seamless progression during mission gameplay. Multiple save points eliminate having to replay a failed mission from the beginning
And, for the first time, SOCOM 3 sees land and water vehicles play a central role. Vehicles can be commandeered by both players and AI and cover a range of military and civilian vehicles including turret-equipped pickups and SEAL team military Humvee and SOC-R Assault Boats.
An innovative new weapon customisation system allows players to use more than 30 different weapons and attachments which, when combined, offer nearly a thousand possible customised combat executions. Larger maps, multiple paths to mission resolution and new team command actions guarantee a richer, realistic more intense strategic warfare experience.
SOCOM 3 comes packed with great new features:
- Areas of Operation: Southern Asia, Northern Africa and Eastern Europe are designed with detailed plots and varied mission destinations.
- Land and water vehicles, drivable by both players and AI characters bring new tactics to the SOCOM franchise.
- Using 31 authentic weapons and 21 compatible attachments on multiple hard points, players have nearly 1,000 different weapon combinations for customised combat execution.
- New Team Command Actions let the player direct the SEAL team quickly with a single button press.
- Complex AI behaviour makes use of cover positions, blind firing, and fallback behaviour to better simulate urban combat. Leader AI provides rallying behaviour and coordinated chain-of-command scenarios.
- Swimming and water combat play a tactical role in SOCOM 3. Use water for cover or pilot strike boats for waterborne assaults.
- Streaming environment technology enables gameplay maps five to six times the size than in SOCOM II. Larger maps provide much more varied and rich gameplay experiences.
- Multiple paths to mission resolution bring replay ability and variety to the single-player experience.
- New technology brings advanced particle and graphic effects for more realistic weaponry, environments, and equipment.
- Association with Naval Special Warfare Command ensures authentic and realistic SEAL gameplay and mission designs.