Patch #2: ER Memory Leaks Patch
- Resolves several memory leak issues that resulted in large memory leaks
- Resolves several memory leaks that caused gradual increase in memory usage during gameplay
- Resolves issue with Athlon Thunderbird processors that would cause the game to crash on startup with an error, "External Exception C000001D."
This Patch is for the North American version of ER only.
We have fixed several memory leak issues that were reserving system resources and caused the game to slow down after lengthy gameplay sessions or after repeatedly loading saved games.
- Fixed rare crash during transition from ep4 to ep5
- Fixed a bug that caused incorrect ambient audio sounds to play in the WR/Triage
- Fixed a bug that caused ambient audio not to play until moving your character into a new room
- Fixed a bug that caused non-player characters to intermittently "appear" invisible at the start of episodes
- Fixed minor text errors in Episode "Greatest Snow on Earth"
- Fixed a bug that sometimes caused character models to change appearance upon save/load
- Adjusted timing of episode title cards
- Fixed a bug that allowed multiple instances of the Setup.exe to run, giving the message, "Another Instance of this setup is already running"
- Added correct system requirements to User Guide.pdf and Readme.txt
- Updated readme.txt to indicate correct default paths
- The icon for "Confidante/Lover" in the user guide is now consistent with what is in the game
- Aligned the staff list with the character pictures in the User Guide
Improved: Performance issues
- Fixed some memory leaks that caused performance issues after extended play sessions
- Fixed some memory leaks that caused performance issues after loading saved games and also after returning from an extended pause
More articles about ER