The “Halo 2 Multiplayer Map Pack,” the first true expansion pack for a console title, adds nine all-new and highly detailed multiplayer maps to the most popular Xbox game to date. Additional bonus content showcases previously unreleased footage including an animated feature highlighting an unseen battle in Old Mombasa and a mini documentary showcasing the creative process behind the new multiplayer maps. In addition, the map pack disc contains the “Halo 2” Auto Update which provides non-Live gamers with the ability to enjoy recent gameplay enhancements and improvements.
- Containment – Placing gamers on a large and icy battlefield on Delta Halo where a massive trench separates two bases, Containment is an immense battlefield built to accommodate 16 players and every vehicle in the “Halo 2” arsenal. With a symmetrical layout and fortified defenses, Containment plays best on objective gametypes such as Capture the Flag and Assault.
- Warlock - A small to midsized indoor arena set in ancient Forerunner ruins, Warlock offers fast paced close-quarters action. Inspired by the “Halo 1” map "Wizard", Warlock is ideal for medium sized games and is a blast for gametypes such as Slayer, Team Slayer and Oddball.
- Gemini - Hovering in space and towering above the lights of High Charity, Gemini is meant as a refuge for meditation and thought by senior prelates in the Prophet hierarchy. The core layout of Gemini is based on the classic "Duality" map from Bungie's Marathon series. As a fairly small sized map, Gemini is excellent for games of Slayer with a few friends.
- Turf - A large, asymmetrical map set in the narrow streets and alleyways of Old Mombasa, Turf features plenty of blind corners and intense battles. While originally designed primarily for "Territories" gametypes, Turf holds up well with any of the classic “Halo 2” variants.
- Relic - Evidence of battle is scattered across the sun-baked sands of a lonely island. A crashed Albatross Dropship spills wreckage and material onto the wind-scoured beach like an eviscerated seal while shield formations, vehicle detritus, and combat platforms litter the field. Relic is a medium sized map designed primarily for 1 flag CTF and Assault gametypes.
- Elongation - You don’t have to scratch too far beneath the surface to find the foundation of Elongation—it’s a reworked version of the original Halo map Longest. Set amidst an orbiting space station, Elongation provides a stunning view of Earth along with close quarters face-to-face action. A constantly moving conveyor belt offers some interesting tactical opportunities for small games of CTF or Assault.
- Terminal - Terminal was once a place where the leisure classes gathered, enjoyed lunch, shopped, and met friends. Those halcyon days are now just a memory, and while this sector of New Mombasa remains unscarred by explosion or burning plasma, it is still filled with danger. Terminal is a large asymmetrical map designed primarily for medium to large games of one flag CTF and Assault but it also works great for large games of Team Slayer. During the intense battle, players will do well to stay clear of the tracks.
- Backwash - Veiled in mist and alive with the chattering of unseen fauna, Backwash is a sodden valley in a seemingly boundless swamp. Forerunner technology, illuminated by eerie light, still hums with life. This medium sized map draws inspiration from the swamp level in the “Halo 1” campaign and works great for Slayer variants.
- Sanctuary - As a bright alien star illuminates these temple grounds, its peaceful lawns and elegant structures present a perfect picture against a backdrop of beautiful waterfalls and aqueducts. Sanctuary is set amidst the ruins on Delta Halo and consists of two bases offset by crumbling ancient structures. The symmetrical layout of this map makes it perfect for heated games of CTF and Assault.
- New Multiplayer Experiences Await: Enhance the “Halo 2” experience with nine new highly detailed multiplayer maps. Challenge friends via system link and split screen or take the game to Xbox Live to show the world who the best “Halo 2” players truly are.
- Meet the People Behind the Curtain: In the bonus documentary, meet the people behind these exciting new maps and get a taste of life inside Bungie Studios.
- Unravel the Mysteries of Old Mombasa: An animated bonus feature showcases unseen events happening during the Old Mombasa mission from the “Halo 2” campaign.
- Complete Game Updates: Includes new gameplay enhancements and improved Xbox Live gameplay.