Mercury will have new and existing gamers hooked on the beautiful visuals and highly addictive game play which has already taken America by storm, and looks set to do the same when released in Japan next month.
Created by Archer MacLean, the game puts you in control of ultra realistic liquid mercury which you have to steer through 72 levels spread over six challenging worlds. Using your brain and balance, control the Mercury around various obstacles and puzzling scenarios as well as keeping everything intact. Blob control is important; keeping your liquid mercury together and not spilling is the key to completing your goal as well as identifying the colours you need to move through certain areas. Once you've achieved your goal you'll face the end of level boss who won't be a walk in the park. Can you handle the challenge?
"We are extremely pleased to add Mercury to our already fantastic release schedule in the run-up to Christmas", says Richard Orr, Marketing Director, Atari UK. "Having such a strong title at launch for the PSP is a tremendous bonus and we look forward to working with Ignition Entertainment to this make this great success. Mercury is such an addictive game, I am sure will capture the imagination of all PSP owners and become this year's must-have game."
"Atari's distribution network and retail muscle will enable us to get Mercury to as many PSP owners as possible," says Phu Tien, International Sales Manager, Ignition Entertainment. "We're delighted they have recognised the potential this amazing title has, and can't wait to partner with Atari in order to make Mercury one of the most sought-after titles at launch."
- Six fantastic game worlds with 72 levels of fantastic liquid mayhem!
- Over 30 interactive objects, enemies and level solving devices, including Teleporter, Spinners, bridges and flux transmitters
- Combo, Boss and lots of secret levels to unlock
- Unlock able levels per world for hi-scorers and a bonus 7th world to discover!
- Training camp for beginners for to practice blob control and colour manipulation
- Ultra realistic liquid mercury effects never before seen in a game
- Addictive pick up and play gameplay
- WiFi mode for you and a friend to hook up and compete based on all the levels in the single player
Are you ready to be hooked on this year's most addictive game?
Archer Maclean's Mercury is scheduled for European launch Sony's PSP in September 2005.