Star Wars Battlefront II improves upon the original game's single-player experience with open-ended, mission-based objectives inspired from all six Star Wars films. The compelling storyline spans more than 16 new locations, many from the Episode III movie, including volcanic Mustafar and the space battle above Coruscant. All-new classic movie moments complete the Star Wars Battlefront II experience, as players battle within the interior of the Death Star and visit Princess Leia's blockade runner, the Tantive IV, as seen at the beginning of Episode IV A New Hope. In addition, at certain key moments within the battles, players can earn the opportunity to wield a lightsaber and use the Force as a Jedi.
For the first time ever, Star Wars Battlefront II players can engage in space combat and, during the same battle, board enemy ships to attack from within. Starting on foot inside a capital ship, players can enter the starcraft of their choice and travel into space to dogfight with the rival faction. From there, they can dock within the enemy's capital ship, overtake the ship's command posts, man its turrets to disable its shields and destroy it from within! Or, they can simply stay inside their own capital ship and defend it from attacks and enemy fire. The choice is theirs.
The stellar online play that marked the original Battlefront returns even bigger and better for Star Wars Battlefront II. Players can locate their buddies and track their stats as they battle alongside more players than ever (up to 24 on PS2, 32 on Xbox, 64 on Windows).
- Revamped single-player experience includes smarter AI enemies and allies, plus a greater emphasis on story told through open-ended mission-based objectives.
- New space battles allow you to dogfight in X-wings, TIE fighters, Jedi starfighters and several other starcraft, or fight it out on foot aboard an enemy capital ship.
- Special opportunities throughout the game for players to earn the ability to wield a lightsaber and use their favorite Force powers as a Jedi.
- More than 20 new battlefronts on land and in space, including many from Star Wars: Episode III Revenge of the Sith such as Utapau, Mustafar and the space battle above Coruscant.
- All-new classic trilogy locations including the Death Star interior, classic space battles and the fight aboard the Tantive IV, Princess Leia's blockade runner seen at the beginning of Star Wars: Episode IV A New Hope.
- Five classes, one additional bonus class and specialized hero characters for each of the four factions: Rebels, Imperials, CIS and Clone Troopers.
- More than 30 diverse ground and air vehicles, including many from Episode III such as the clone BARC speeder, new Jedi starfighter and V-wing.
- Three single-player modes including Instant Action, an improved Galactic Conquest and the story-based Campaign mode.
- Online multiplayer action for up to 24 players on PS2, up to 32 on Xbox or up to 64 on Windows (plus AI units).
- Improved supplemental online features, such as buddy lists and stat tracking.
- Supports voice chat via compatible headsets (PlayStation 2 and Xbox).
- Four-way (Xbox) or two-way (PS2) split-screen mode for multiplayer offline play.