In Tiger Woods PGA TOUR 06, you will attempt to settle the old debate of just who is the #1 Golfer of All Time. Play golf legends such as Jack Nicklaus, Arnold Palmer and Ben Hogan on their terms and in their specific eras (equipment, clothing and all). However, Tiger Woods is also there and is after the same goal. It's your job to find him, stop him, and ultimately supplant him as the #1 golfer of every era. Duel with Tiger in multiple matches as he becomes your nemesis, chasing and even taunting you in every tournament.
Featuring a total of 12 licensed courses, four have served as sites of major PGA TOUR tournaments this year including Cog Hill Golf and Country Club, St. Andrews Golf Links, TPC Sawgrass and Doral Golf Resort. Also, four new PGA TOUR pros will join Tiger Woods and the ever-growing list of rivals this year including Chris DiMarco, Mike Weir, Ian Poulter and Luke Donald.
The power of the next generation consoles delivers revolutionary gameplay and gives Tiger Woods PGA TOUR 06 the ability to recreate some of the world's most beautiful courses like never seen before. Advanced lighting techniques provide a much better sense of terrain undulation and the contours that make each course unique. This gives players the ability to realistically interpret approach shots or a crucial putt on a rolling green.
Just as it is on the PGA TOUR®, the key to a good shot is execution and precision. In Tiger Woods PGA TOUR 06 both analog sticks are used to give more control than ever over each shot. The left analog stick will continue to control the backswing and downswing, while the right analog stick, or "Shape stick", controls ball trajectory and spin. Players are now challenged to focus on the impact point on the ball, while thinking more strategically before executing a shot.
Key console Features
- New Dual Analog Swing: New advanced swing technique uses both analog sticks to "shape" shots. The left analog stick executes the swing and the right analog stick shapes the shot, controlling ball trajectory and spin.
- Next Generation Physics: The next generation of Tiger Woods PGA TOUR delivers higher-fidelity physics models that allow the ball when struck to interact more realistically with the clubface and terrain, resulting in more realistic ball flight and bounces.
- Game Face: Use the industry-leading character-creation technology to create a golfer, outfit, build up their attribute and become the #1 golfer on the PGA TOUR.
- Golf's Best Commentators: David Feherty and Gary McCord make up the golf announcing dream team and provide their commentary and irreverent observations on each round.
- Golf Courses :
- Pasatiempo Golf Club (Santa Cruz, Calif.)
- Cog Hill Golf and Country Club (Lemont, Ill.)
- Doral Golf Resort (Miami, Fla.)
- Pumpkin Ridge Golf Club (Portland, Ore.)
- Reflection Bay Golf Club (Las Vegas, Nev.)
- Sahalee Country Club (Seattle, Wash.)
- Kapalua Golf Resort (Maui, Hawaii)
- Troon North Pinnacle (Scottsdale, Ariz.)
- St Andrews Golf Links (St. Andrews, Scotland)
- Pebble Beach Golf Links (Monterey, Calif.)
- TPC at Sawgrass (Ponta Vedra Beach, Fla.)
- Black Course at Bethpage (Farmingdale, N.Y.)
- The 2006 game features 16 PGA TOUR players including Tiger Woods, Vijay Singh, Retief Goosen and Chris DiMarco. Making return appearances to the Tiger Woods PGA TOUR franchise is rising LPGA star, Natalie Gublis as are legends Jack Nicklaus, Arnold Palmer and Ben Hogan.
- Tiger Woods
- Chris DiMarco - New in 06
- Mike Weir - New in 06
- Luke Donald - New in 06
- Ian Poulter - New in 06
- Vijay Singh
- etief Goosen
- Stuart Appleby
- Colin Montgomerie
- Rich Beem
- John Daly
- Jim Furyk
- Charles Howell III
- Justin Leonard
- Justin Rose
- Adam Scott
- Natalie Gulbis - LPGA
- Jack Nicklaus
- Arnold Palmer
- Ben Hogan
More articles about Tiger Woods PGA Tour 06