When the Formula 1 engines roar this weekend at the legendary Hockenheimring, many racing enthusiasts will be longing for more, wanting to test their own driving skills on the famous and freshly rebuilt circuit. In late September, this will be possible without any risk of ruining your car or tires: World Racing 2 includes Hockenheim's rebuilt circuit into the game for PC, Playstation 2 and Xbox. In 2002, the original racetrack of Hockenheim has been rebuild and is now 4,574 kilometres long, with 17 turns and six straights for an improved racing experience.
In World Racing 2, this track will be one of 6 different settings the player will be able to choose from. Developer Synetic has implemented a large and exciting variety of diversified challenges into the game, with over 100 mission races and over 60 different licensed cars.
World Racing 2 puts the fun of driving centre stage and offers optimised arcade racing characteristics, a rich and varied range of missions, lively 3D scenarios full of detail, enhanced tuning options and a great variety of cars. World Racing 2 is currently scheduled to be released in 2005 for Xbox, PC and PlayStation2.
World Racing 2 is developed by German racing experts from Synetic in cooperation with TDK Mediactive and features:
- 17 different car brands (Alfa Romeo, Mercedes-Benz, Skoda, VW, Lotus etc.)
- More than 90 different car models to play
- Six different 3D maps up to 6 square km
- Career mode with over 100 mission races and more than 60 hours of fun
- Customise the ongoing traffic in the game – from Rush hour to absolute free driving
- Extreme detailed car models, with complex damaging system
- Realistic driving physics based on nearly 200 different parameter values
- Multiplayer with up to six players (Xbox four players and PS 2 two players with split screen)
- Individualisation of every car possible with vinyl and licensed rims
More articles about World Racing 2