World Poker Tour will include the following professionals:
- Erick Lindgren - Named the first World Poker Tour Player of the Year in 2004, Erick is a two-time WPT winner, and currently the seventh all-time WPT money leader. Erick uses his expert sense of people's behavior to enhance his true game skill and natural risk-taking nature. Erick is the author of the soon-to-be released new World Poker Tour book, WPT: Making the Final Table. An avid sports enthusiast, Lindgren is always in the game.
- Evelyn Ng - Evelyn is a WPT Ladies' Night runner-up, in addition to an NBC sports commentator. Coming up through the ranks from a poker dealer to a professional touring pro, Evelyn continues to perfect her tournament strategy and play. She is an active and visible participant in the WPT main and ladies events.
- Michael "the Grinder" Mizrachi - Over the past few years, this 24-year-old Florida man dabbled in dealing cards, but quickly realized he could make more money playing cards than dealing them. "The Grinder" then took to grinding, putting together a sizable bankroll and playing poker for a living. Michael "the Grinder" Mizrachi is the next powerful young poker professional to make his presence felt on the WPT, making consecutive final tables at the WPT's season 3 stops in Tunica, and then taking the top prize at LA's Commerce Casino.
- Lyle Berman - Lyle is the CEO of Lakes Entertainment, Inc., a Minnesota-based publicly traded company whose primary business is managing tribal casinos. He serves as the chairman of the board for World Poker Tour Enterprises, Inc., which is a majority owned subsidiary of Lakes Entertainment, Inc. Berman is also one of the world's top poker players. He was inducted into the Poker Hall of Fame at Binion's Horseshoe in Las Vegas. In April 1996, Berman received the Gaming Executive of the Year Award.
- Antonio "The Magician" Esfandiari - With three WPT Final Table appearances, including a win at the LA Poker Classic No Limit Hold'em Championship in 2004, this professional magician shows he knows "card magic." Antonio is a natural showman and his magic tricks are world class. He is also the author of the upcoming book WPT: In The Money.
- Phil "The Unabomber" Laak - Players and fans alike are drawn to the Unabomber's persona, but none take it to the next level like Phil Laak. A "genius" player, in his own words, his "philosophical" style and theatrical table manners make him a player everyone wants to see. Phil's tournament record includes a World Poker Tour first place win, and top ten places in a variety of professional tournaments. Phil is considered one of the World Poker Tour's "Bad Boys of Poker."
- Mimi Rogers - Mimi Rogers is a native of Coral Gables, Florida, and proud mother of two, as well as an actress of great renown on both the big and small screen. Mimi Rogers is not only a proven Hollywood talent, but a passionate poker player. Sweet and sexy on the outside, Mimi's pleasant demeanor belies her underlying intelligence and competitiveness.
- Mike Sexton - Mike Sexton is one of the commentators for the World Poker Tour. A former European poker champion, Mike is one of the premier ambassadors of poker. Mike conceived and created the "Tournament of Champions of Poker," setting a new standard for poker tournaments. And, of course, he still actively plays poker.
- Vince Van Patten - Vince, a former child actor and tennis pro, discovered his passion for poker at the early age of 13 when his father, actor Dick Van Patten, taught him to play. By age 17, Vince was playing in home games, holding his own against the power brokers of Hollywood. Vince brings solid experience to hosting televised sports and poker broadcasts, as well as a Hollywood home-game perspective to WPT.
World Poker Tour features six Tour-exclusive casinos. These include The Bicycle Casino in Bell Gardens, CA; Commerce Casino in Commerce, CA; Bay 101 in San Jose, CA; Foxwoods Resort Casino in Mashantaucket, CT; Borgata Hotel Casino & Spa in Atlantic City, NJ; and The Aviation Club de France, in Paris, France. These real-world locations are completely accurate, right down to the carpeting, lighting, room decor, and floor layout.
World Poker Tour invites gamers and poker-junkies alike to try their luck and skills against some of the poker series' most famous professional players. Commentary provided by World Poker Tour pros Mike Sexton and Vince Van Patten, real World Poker Tour venues and broadcast overlays bring players the only true poker experience.
The World Poker Tour video game will hit store shelves in fall 2005 for popular handheld and console systems.
More articles about World Poker Tour