- Multi-Playable Characters: Using strategy and skill, the player must choose between 3 different characters with unique special abilities in order to complete each terrifying mission.
- Two Haunting Worlds: The game takes place in 2 haunting worlds: the nightmare and the real life. As the player moves deeper into the game, the line between the two worlds becomes blurred, creating fear and uneasiness in the player.
- In-Depth Storyline: The story of Rei’s torment will consume the player as they move deeper and deeper into the mind-bending world of Fatal Frame III: The Tormented
- Camera Obscura: The Player will use the camera obscura not only as a weapon but as a guide by taking pictures of the ghostly inhabitants and creepy objects within the “House of Sleep” in order to solve the mystery of the tattoo and rid of the curse.
- Evolved Ghosts: Most terrifying ghosts to date as hideous facial expressions and creepy eye movements have been refined. Ghosts will stare at the player while morphing into a scarier ghost, increasing fear in the player as they confront the apparition.
- New Characters: A new female heroine, Rei Kurosawa, and a young journalist, Kei Amakura, bring new special abilities and their own stories to Fatal Frame III: The Tormented.
- Returning Characters: Miku from the original Fatal Frame is back and playable in Fatal Frame III: The Tormented, using her strong spiritual powers to help Rei solve the mystery of the “House of Sleep”, as her haunting personal story from Fatal Frame continues…
- Disturbing Sounds and Visuals: Eerie sounds, unexpected movements, and psychologically disturbing visuals all add up to the most terrifying Japanese Horror interactive experience to date.
More articles about Fatal Frame III: The Tormented