The Soul Calibur, a holy sword, has been created to oppose to the Soul Edge, an evil sword which corrupts human souls.
The power of the Soul Edge drove many adventurers and mighty warriors to seek the sword. Every time the evil sword rises, the Soul Calibur will rise to fight the brutality. The countless severe battles between these swords became legendary throughout the decades.
Towards the end of the 16th Century, the two opposing blades have risen again to the centre stage once more. The eternal tale of legendary rivalry is to be retold again...
- Globally popular sword-fighting action gameplay style
- Substantial number of gameplay modes
- 'Character creation' mode allows player to create an original character
- World-class fighting system
- Superb graphics
- Dramatic events
3 new innovative characters
- Zasalamel (tentative): This mysterious man desires to raise the evil sword. He drags those who witness the sharp light from his giant scythe to the abyss of death.
- Tira (tentative): An angel of death from the darkness with a bird-like grace, she plays with lives using her Ring Blade.
- Setsuka (tentative): The wandering beauty on a lonely journey. She lives for her revenge with a sword hidden in her umbrella.
An unprecedented number of modes in the series' history
- Character Creation Mode: Allows the player to customise appearance, weapons and roles of a character
- Story Mode: Offers stories of great depth, unique to each character
- Lost Chronicle Mode: Offers the hybrid combination of combat strategy simulation and fighting game elements
- Soul Arena Mode: Offers rich variations of battles in special situations
- World Competition Mode: Offers world championship battles against virtual tough contestants, all aiming for the top
- VS Standard Mode: 2-Player fighting mode which offers a quick battle
- VS Special Mode: 2-Player fighting mode with rich variations of battles features and special situations
- VS Competition Mode: Single to multi-player mode, offering knockout tournaments and league competitions
- Practice Mode: Offers training facilities where players can sharpen their skills
- Museum Mode: Enables players to check items obtained in the game and view the history of the SoulCalibur series
More articles about SoulCalibur III