"Like the legendary martial arts masters of lore, Dynasty Warriors 5 lays down a serious Kung-Fu style beating while delivering its ancient knowledge," said Amos Ip, Vice-President of Sales and Marketing at KOEI Corporation. "For an incredible challenge, the game now displays twice as many characters per screen than the previous installment and includes a new difficulty level called 'Chaos.' It also features the largest cast of Dynasty Warriors ever assembled. There are 48 playable characters in all, each with their own storyline inspired by actual events."
Dynasty Warriors 5 takes players back in time to where the mightiest warriors in history fought for control of the Chinese empire. The game's exclusive Xbox features include: Dolby Digital 5.1 surround sound, never-before-released Japanese dialogue with English subtitles, or English voice option, plus reduced load times.
Additional features include:
- A completely revamped weapons system and new moves including Musou Rage and character-specific jump attacks.
- Blazing 9-hit Evolution Combos and twice as many characters per screen than Dynasty Warriors 4 open the possibility for the previously unattainable 9,999 K.O.s!
- An enhanced battlefield base system challenges players' strategic decision-making in the midst of fighting.
- 38 completely redesigned battlefields that stretch for miles.
- A vastly improved graphics engine that reduces fog, delivers rich detail in the characters and environments, and eliminates any drop in frame rate.
- New Chaos difficulty level!
- A detailed history of the characters and events that shaped Ancient China!
Developed by KOEI's award-winning internal team Omega Force, Dynasty Warriors 5 is a 1-2 Player game. Dynasty Warriors 5 is rated "T" (Teen- Use of Alcohol, Violence) by the ESRB. Dynasty Warriors 5 is available now for the PlayStation 2 and will ship to North American retailers on September 13, 2005.