Playing in The League is your dream but you've paid the price. Your arms ache from weight-room reps and painkillers are blurring your vision. The dirty hits you've laid on QBs are career-enders but they also keep you employed. Two more sacks and you get your bonus, paying for your fast cars and faster lifestyle. Its 4th and 3 and you are up by 7. Stuff the offense, beat your opponents bloody and win at any cost!
- REALISTIC INJURIES - Gruesome on-field injuries/animations such as: bones snapping, skulls crushing and modest amounts of blood resulting; Severe and career ending injuries that might involve excessive amounts of blood.
- STORY MODE – For the first time in a sports game, Blitz: The League explores the on-field fury, off-field problems, and front office politics permeating professional football. From Peter Egan, writer of ESPN's Playmakers; Take the helm of a downtrodden football franchise, retool the players and coaching staff, and guide them to the championship.
- GAMEPLAY CLASHES –For the first time in a football game, "get in the zone" real-time! When this mode is triggered, the on-field action slows and the players can pull off amazing and game-changing moves. If enough moves are accomplished in succession a meter is filled unlocking theultimate Unleash move.
- INTENSE ON-THE-FIELD ATMOSPHERE –This game isn't glitzy and glamorous like the ready for primetime, licensed sports video game products. Leave the boring TV booth behind and get down on the field with revolutionary movie-style presentation.
- HEAD-TO-HEAD ONLINE PLAY – Players can bash and bleed each other online, complete with headset support on both the PS2 and Xbox Live.
More articles about Blitz: The League